Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Really Holding Back

scarfuncle

My new focus feels like it is driving through treacle but not all the time. I have had the car from new and have put 5.5k miles on the clock since the end of July.

The power steering is heavy as well. my first memory of the car was how ridiculously light it was...

There are still times when the car floats along but most of the time it holds back and almost feels like it is 'bunching up'. When like this it can put in some serious hesitations when starting off or going round a roundabout. The following surge of power is borderline dangerous and I feel reluctant to nip out quick at junctions as I can't be sure the power will be there.

I have already written a thread about my slow returning clutch, so all in all I am finding the car a bit disappointing. I have had the car in twice to main dealers for the clutch/engine but everything is apparently ok (no codes!).

Any one got any experience advise? I intend to try driving other cars at the dealers to compare.

I have the 1 litre ecoboost petro (125bhp).

When it goes well, it's lovely so I know it's in there........

I mean advice!

ps the loan fiestas have been so much more forward going. Getting back in my car felt horrible!

Hello mate I work for ford and we get customers say this... We advise a PCM update this could help to do this.. Go to a ford dealership and book it in and say can you see if there is a PCM update abalone for my model of car please if so carry it out should only be about 35-40 quid and should work a treat... My fiesta did this a week or so ago felt really sluggish and low mpg I resolved with this update give it a go.

Ryan

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Might see if I can swing something under warranty.

I'm sure if your nice to them they will be more than happy to try and help

and if you pay their diagnostics fee too ;)

still begs the question if the cars were tested properly then these so called updates wouldnt be needed it seems these days they need to be done more more money for ford though since no matter how nice you are they dont do it for free ford customer service a contradiction in terms lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have similar problems regarding loss of power, it seems to be really sluggish from 1st,2nd to 3rd but then when the revs build up all of a sudden some power kicks in, but still gutless when it does!! I took it too ford and he done the diagnostics and it read about 57 faults!!!! There was a few relating to the inlet and outlet on manifold which I see but he said he would have to take faults details(codes) and get back to me and for the meantime put some redex in fuel. It seemed to clear it slightly for about 2-3 days but now back to crap! I waited a week and herd nothing so went back to garage and he had a second look then cleared the fault and off I trotted thinking all was good when couple of hours later when I popped to the shop,,,the engine management light come back on! :( .....did the PCM update work or do u know what my prob can be as it sounded similar to yours....I'm clueless with cars and can't afford to keep going to ford,,,it's getting expensive lol

that sounds like a ford mechanic for you pcm updates are not gauranteed to solve any issues take it back and tell them i paid for diagnostics and the problem persists and im not paying again for you to look at the same fault dont be afraid to argue with them trust me its the last thing they want with customers around same with the original post you dont have to be nice you paid for the car with faults on it so tell them its been like this from day one you pay for it and if they demand you pay tell them fine im taking it up with citizens advice under the sale of goods act

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club