Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kinghogg

Clunking Nosie From Engine

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2009 Focus 1.6 Titanium petrol manual gear box, the problem I have is there is a clunking noise coming from the front of the car at very low speed 10-15mph,i have took it back to ford dealer who said it is the ABS doing a self check, but my other ford which has ABS does not do this that is a CMax 04.

Should this be doing this on the focus, ford garage say yes but it is very strange noise and anything to do with the braking system making strange sound to me is not right even thou it all works ok at the mo.

If anyone can shed some light on this sound would be helpful

Apparently its quite common and normal on these cars from what I've read on here mate, so wouldn't worry too much ;)

As above its normal on the focus but even ford cant say why its only on the focus and not other models or why ir doesnt do it all the time