Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Humming From Front Wheels

djandyh

hi all

i have a 2001 ford focus 5 door and we have this humming coming from the front, its gets louder when you do a left turn but you can hear it when you do a right turn, we have changed both wheel bearings, the noise did quiet down a little bit but its sounds the same again, anyone have any ideas what this could be, why its humming, like i said before, both wheel bearings have been dont a month ago

cheers

Whats your tyre's like ? could be them causing road noise.

hi there

there just budget tyres when i got this car, ive not had the chance to change them around yet but thats the next thing to do to rule things out, just woundering if it could be anything else

Yeah pal most prob your tyres have a look at the make and google search the tyre it the sould give you a db reading of the tyre plus a few extra bits

Hope this helps

the wheel bearings if not fitted properly are well known to go again quickly a hum from the front wont be tyres i would have the wheel bearing checked back out as it will be under warranty

If they are budget tyres they have probably gone out of shape

Wheel bearings will be a whirring noise aswell?

2 front wheel bearings both genuine ford 1st new one lasted 1 week then the drone was back a new one was fitted and all was fine after that never in 15 years had a budget tyre go out of shape not saying they dont but given the focus eats wheel bearings ide be rechecking them before ruling on tyres

I had two cases at work today in which tyres miss shaped but yes they do eat bearing so go with that

so you think i sould get the wheel bearings back out and take them back to the shop for replacement ones, thing is, when i had the bearings done, there was still a humming from the front but after a few week the tone has gone louder and it get louder when i do a left turn but goes when i do a right turn

what method did you use to install the bearings? incorrect fitting may have damaged them.

also have you tightened the hub nut to the correct torque?

i got my friend who has a work shop to do it and he has a press, funny to say, when i got the car a few months back, the person said he did both bearing, but the car was humming, so i got them both done again and like i say, its still humming

if it gets louder as you turn in one direction its the wheel bearing and the load on it is making the noise louder if you turn in the opposite direction taking the load off the bearing it will quiten ford dont push bearings in they replace the hub itself

!Removed! hell, so i spent all this cash for nothing, its had 2 sets of bearings in the past 2 months tho, that unheard of

Take I to a garage and say about possible tyre miss gaping and they will check it on the ramp and will tell you straight away

cheers guys, will get it done when i get a chance, it will P**sing me off this, i got the car for a grand and had it for 2 months and it dont 2 set of bearings, the car a none ABS would it make a diffrents putting a ABS bearings in, ive not dont that

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club