Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Port Connectivity

mount66

I've recently bought a 2013 6month old Fiesta 1.5 TDCI Zetec

My issue is with the USB socket next to the 12V socket and 3.5mm line in jack.

When I insert a USB stick it reports no USB device connected. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the actual socket is damaged, all 4 contacts are revealed and one is bent, the small piece of plastic that ensured the plug can only go in one way is missing, actually it is in the little trinket tray surrounding the inputs.

Question?, is it a major job to replace this socket myself, it seems pointless to return to a main dealer for a trivial job, if it is just that.

I know the line-in jack and bluetooth are available and work perfectly well, but I guess I'm a bit of a nerd, if it is there I want to be working and able to use it :)

It would not be a major job to replace it , but did you buy the car like that ? , if so then return it for the dealers to put right.

The problem with returning it is that the dealer I bought it from is Motorpoint the Nationwide Car Supermarkt.

I was warned to thoroughly check the car from top to bottom, because any issues after taking the car awayy will be referred back to the manufacturers, and the usb ports wasn't exactly at the top of my list.

Like I said, if it's a simple fix I would rather do it myself, if Ford were to take it back I bet it wouldn't be a 5 minute job with them either, and I can do without losing the car for a day or two.

what you need to do is go in to Ford parts with your registration or vin number and ask for a replacement then , there are many guides on here to take off trim to get to these kind of fix's, it would be an easy job to do. 15 minutes max