Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sun Cream Handprint

filbo

Hello

I have discovered a hand print on the top of the rear nearside door of my Fiesta. It looks as though someone with suntan lotion on their hands has pushed the door shut and I cannot find a way of removing the imprint. The paint work is black and the imprint is a dull grey colour. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Bob

I keep having this on mine, its allways on the wifes side, not that i am pointing the finger or anything. I found the only way to get it off of mine was wash the area with a sponge and car shampo then polish it with a wax that can be used when the car is wet. That works for me but it is back the next day!, think with ours it maybe hand cream of some sort.

Have you tried a good wax. I know my mates car was covered in them as his kids put their sticky hands all down the sides of his car whilst wearing sun cream. I just waxed it all off.

Sorry should of said my marks were on the matt finish not the normal paintwork.

Have you tried a good wax. I know my mates car was covered in them as his kids put their sticky hands all down the sides of his car whilst wearing sun cream. I just waxed it all off.

In that case you either want a good Gel back to black treatment like simonitz or you could try smooth peanut butter. Its usually the wifes hand cream that causes the problem. That's why you find so many womens car steering wheels going white.

Try wd40 and give it a good elbow greasing with a microfibre, if its a oil/grease imprint wd40 should remove it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club