Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Egr/turbo Issues?

flukemaster

Hi all

Recently purchased an 06 mondeo tdci 130 euro 4, 80.000 miles on the clock.

having a couple of problems with the engine, wondered if anybody on here had had similar experiences?

-black smoke under power

-jerky at low speed

-stalls very easily

-terrible fuel economy

-turbo whistle

-unresponsive

shame considering it was a good car at first, and I have heard good reviews about them, currently proving to be about as much use as a rubber nosed woodpecker in a pitch pine forest though!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mmm the whistle i wouldnt read too much into that just for now.

have you checked your boost/intercooler hoses,egr pipe etc?

Tried a new fuel-filter?air filter ok? checked to see if EGR is opening/closing,& not sticking?

a lot of your symptoms sound like its not getting the correct amount of fuel/air(to me anyway),& one way this can happen,is if a hose has split etc. could also be a knackered sensor but you'll have to try the obvious ones 1st.

any EML light lit?

youre sure its turbo whistle youre hearing & not air from a hose/pipe?

I had the same issue on my car a few months ago. EGR was part the reason for the smoke, unresponsive and stuttering. The other issue was a cracked intercooler pipe, which does in fact breed the whistle you speak of. It also invokes extra black smoke and contributes to a lack of power and some vibration when moving off.

All the symptoms you describe where pretty much a 50/50 split for me across my aforementioned problems!

I had the same issue on my car a few months ago. EGR was part the reason for the smoke, unresponsive and stuttering. The other issue was a cracked intercooler pipe, which does in fact breed the whistle you speak of. It also invokes extra black smoke and contributes to a lack of power and some vibration when moving off.

All the symptoms you describe where pretty much a 50/50 split for me across my aforementioned problems!

snap