Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 '60 Tdci 95 Bhp Exhaust

Mark Akers

Hi,

Would anyone be able to recommend a nice back box to stick on my car? Want it to look nice and also not be too loud! Not having much luck finding one for a reasonable price so far - limited budget <£150 -

Mark

If you just want it mainly for looks why not just get a different tailpipe and then cut the back bumper so it would look like the metal for example?

If you just want it mainly for looks why not just get a different tailpipe and then cut the back bumper so it would look like the metal for example?

That would be the cheapest way of doing it too :)

I've got it on my list of things to do after Xmas I think, shouldn't cost more than £50 I'm hoping by getting a garage to cut the bumper etc

Cheers for the replys guys - got it booked in at Top Gear performance in Doncaster for a custom back box - £150. :-) will post a pic when its done, also debadged olit yesterday.

Yeah let me know what its like. And upload some photos. When is it booked in for?

Booked in tomorrow morning at 11.00 - cant decide whether to go for a 3" single tail pipe or twin?

I would go for twin myself. Make it look like the metal, that's what I want doing

Yeah I think it looks better, will you be getting the bumper cut aswel so it fits through that?

Hi,

Would anyone be able to recommend a nice back box to stick on my car? Want it to look nice and also not be too loud! Not having much luck finding one for a reasonable price so far - limited budget <£150 -

Mark

Hi mark,

Bare in mind when purchasing,

A petrol exhaust muffler won't function correctly on a diesel it will slowly destroy your engine,

Diesel mufflers are different to petrol,

Ideally you want dpf internal removal with a 2.5" pipe from dpf back to tip including a muffler that has a 2.5" inlet and outlet.

This will give you 15-20bhp increase spread across the rev range.

It won't get raspy like a petrol or loud,

I've got a 2.5'' dpf chamber back piper exhaust and it sounds more like a mustang than a diesel

Deep grumble sound.

You can get back boxes for diesels though cant you? I presume that what he would he would have asked for when contacting them and booking it

• Like 1

You can get back boxes for diesels though cant you? I presume that what he would have asked for when contacting them and booking it

Yes you can get back box's for diesels aswell but they are different to petrol ones on the inside.

Thanks for the reply Lenny. Will ask them about that tomorrow - they are custom exhausts - highly recommended company around the area. Can't now decide whether to get a back box (only) or go all out, spend more and go cat- back?

• Like 1

& in regards to DPF option, have looked into DPF removal but obviously that means a remap to map it out, and to map my car i believe (if pdf removal is same format as performance map?) that it cannot be done through the diagnostics port and will cost in excess of £600?

• Like 1

It depends what you want I suppose. A cat back would improve the performance a little wouldn't it?

Ami right in thinking that fitting a cat back system wouldn't affect the dpf or anything, nothing mot related?

It depends what you want I suppose. A cat back would improve the performance a little wouldn't it?

Ami right in thinking that fitting a cat back system wouldn't affect the dpf or anything, nothing mot related?

That's correct,

The cat and dpf are in the same chamber,

So cat back on diesels is dpf back, does improve performance and 2.5" diameter is the ideal size for balance

If it was me just a backbox.

But if you want a little more power get the catback, all depends on price aswel though

Went for catback twin tailpipe. Looks and sounds 5* is quiet but when rev'd has a lovely deep grumble! And looks amazing! Any way how to post a video or picture? Cost double what i wanted to pay but taking it down motorway, definitely seems to pick up a bit quicker!

• Like 1

Very nice. Did you have it so it sat below the bumper or did they cut it a little? I don't know how to do videos or anything on here. Could just put it up on YouTube? Would like to see a video though

• Like 1

Will try and get one on Youtube then ill post it back on here - got them to make it sit under.

• Like 1