Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light Not Working When Doors Open

Gabie1411

my ford focus 2010 intro light works in the ON position but when I put it in the other position it does not work when I unlock/open the car?

Anyone had this issue before?

theres 3 positions 1 is on permenantly the second is on when the doors open the 3rd is off altogether from memory the 1st setting which is closest to you is on permenantly the middle is on with doors open and to the passenger side is off altogether

If it doesnt work on all three positions, its likely to be at least the door catch on one or more doors. The sensor in the catch assembly can stick open, so when the doors open, the circuit still is too!

• 8 years later...

Had the same problem but cured it by removing the lense cover and pushing the two copper prongs on the rear of the switch so they are about 1/4 of an inch apart at the tips then replace the cover making sure the prongs go into the holes either side of the bulb. Hope this of help👌.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Aldred said:

Had the same problem but cured it by removing the lense cover and pushing the two copper prongs on the rear of the switch so they are about 1/4 of an inch apart at the tips then replace the cover making sure the prongs go into the holes either side of the bulb. Hope this of help👌.

I'm sure the original poster will be thrilled - he's been waiting 8 years now for a response LOL 🤣

• Haha 3