failed its mot

covlad1987

hi just got a ford galaxy which failed its mot for £200.00

leaking rear brake caliper

2 spilt cv boots

some play in the ball joint or arm

emissions high

2 front tyres

the rear brake caliper is there a repair kit or a new pattern caliper if so is there a link

cv boots i dont mind doing i might as well change both ball joints and arms at the same time

the emissions is the problem the car had a new oxygen sensor last april,,any idea

Yes

Is a 2.3 with the auxiliary air injection pump?

If so check that the pump is running. It probably is not. If that is the case then there will be water in it, there is no repair.

It needs the auxiliary air injection pipe replaced with a modified pipe from Ford. It will then need the ECU reflashed by a ford dealer. With modified programing. Witch tells the car how to keep the emissions low without the auxiliary air injection pump operating.

Yes

Is a 2.3 with the auxiliary air injection pump?

If so check that the pump is running. It probably is not. If that is the case then there will be water in it, there is no repair.

It needs the auxiliary air injection pipe replaced with a modified pipe from Ford. It will then need the ECU reflashed by a ford dealer. With modified programing. Witch tells the car how to keep the emissions low without the auxiliary air injection pump operating.

sorry its a 2.0 on a 96 plate

think i found why the emission are high

checked the oil today and plugs and air filter looks like its not been do for a long time very black oil and the plugs caked in black crap filter looks black as well and also a hole in the back box

Seconday air pump...

cheers for that i was wondering what it was im used to the mondeo not the galaxy

can any one tell me what this part is in the pic is

post-974-1239710664_thumb.jpg

Thats the pump that im talking about, is it running?

Thats the pump that im talking about, is it running?

cheers so i just put my hand on the pump to see if its running

cheers so i just put my hand on the pump to see if its running

You should hear it as well. Like a humming nosie. If not then it is what I said before im afraid. :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club