2 replies to this topic

#1 rnnchlsn

rnnchlsn

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hello all,

im new here and tbh not all that clued up on cars, im looking for a little advice if anyone has some for me? 

my car has now been sat for a few weeks, i have been going to it to start it up every now and then to let it tick over a little. yesterday i went to it to do the same... i turned the key, starter motor kicked in and then cut out immediately. when i attempted again it started to make a noise almost like something is chewing up. what could be the possible issue?. Am i just being dumb? Any and all advice will be very much appreciated! 

Thank you, 

Aaron

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 723 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

You have probably drained the battery. All you will have done by starting it and letting it tick over without driving it is drain it. You are better off not starting it unless you are going to drive it. Its driving/ sustained revs from the engine that charges the battery. You need to either put a battery charger on it or get a jump start from someone else.

#3 rnnchlsn

rnnchlsn

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Thank you, like I say.. I'm a complete newb and thought there was something much much worse than that. Il give it a shot.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users