Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getrag Powershift Transmission

Arvin28168

Does anyone here knows how to DIY in changing ATF of Ford Focus Powershift Transmission?

Thanks in advance

if its the same as the mk1 which it likely is then heres the picture post-8800-0-57159600-1383236122_thumb.jp

simple really undo drain plug drain the fluid then replace the plug open the fill hole cut the atf fluid top at an angle and put it in here explains all http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159635

From what I've read there are 3 filling holes on the powershift and its got to be filled in a certain way to ensure its properly filled. Haven't been able to find the exact process though

• Like 1

Artscot79, mk2.5 powershift transmission is different from mk1's getrag transmission. Mine is basically a dual clutch manual transmission, two cluthes working in parallel. And from the pictures on the link the drain plug and filling plug are very far different from mine

try these

also found this Ford has stated that the powershift transmission is maintenance free and
has a life span of 150,000 miles. Does anyone know what happens after
150K? Get a new one? Replace the oil and clutches? How would you know to
do this? Wait for it to fail, just do at 150K? Ford does not give good
info on this...

Piero Aversa of Ford says...

"A dual dry-clutch transmission provides some real dividends on small-
and medium-sized car applications," explains Piero Aversa, Ford's of
Automatic Transmission Engineering. "The transmission improves
efficiency, increases smoothness, adds durability and is sealed with
low-friction gear lubricant for the 150,000-mile projected life of the
vehicle. This transmission requires no regular maintenance."

This raises the question of after 150K. Cars today are lasting longer than that, yes?

other than that ive read its not a do it youreself job and should be done by the dealers only

Yup I heard about that but too many Focus here in the Philippines suffered of transmission malfunction with powershift type and I don't want to be one of them (fingers crossed in both hands). And the sad thing is most of the Ford service Casa's cannot fix the problem easily as they're saying that parts are not available and needed to wait for quite some time and the most horrible part is the transmission replacement parts' cost is almost the cost of a 2nd hand car here in the Philippines. That's a lot of money..Almost 4000 UK pounds. That is for the TCM alone (transmission control module). If fooling people will make your way straight to hell then for sure these people are on the A list.

Never liked these fancy gearboxes ill take a standard 5 or 6 speed grom what ive read at 150k the box is going to need fixed looks like there isnt much choice