Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Dean1.6tdci

Focus 1.6 Tdci, Loss Of Power

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Im new to this site and im hoping someone can help with my problem as garages and mobile machanic's keep failing!!

I have a 1.6 tdci focus estate 55 reg which I bought around 9 months ago.

When I bought the car it ran perfect for 2 days and then suddenly it cut out on me at traffic lights.

A light came on the dash that I think is engine management light ( looks a bit like the sun lol)

I restarted engine and the car ran fine until I went to accelerate from a junction, the car lost power and went into limp mode. It has done this ever since. The way I get past it is to quickly turn engine off and on and it resets itself.

I have had car serviced and had egr valve cleaned but didn't help.

one thing I did notice is when we had a few months of hot weather it ran fine, But now its cold again its worse than ever until I have ran it for 20 mins or so.

Hope someone can spread some light on the problem

Thanks

can you post a pic of the light?

I had the same problem with my focus but without a light coming on. What fixed the problem for me was changing the fuel filter.