Show
Photo

Rant About The Useless Beggers On The Road!!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,167 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

So, today was an "interesting" day for driving! 6 people nearly ran me off the road today! 6! a stereotypical farmer in a land rover, two white van men, a corsa and a couple of other eedgets! all mostly on motorways!

Farmer pulled out onto a motorway from a slip road behind an 18 wheeler and didnt look, pulled out into outside lane in front of me 70 down to 40 with ABS and tyre squeels!

White van man decided he didnt want to wait to overtake safely so swung out in front of me.

Corsa kid decided the middle lane of the roundabout is the only one you should use and nearly took me out, and the last fool was a van man who decided it would be clever to speed up on a slip road, try to overtake me before a roundabout and cut me up at 50. I slow down, flash him, and he ignores it. get to the next roundabout and pull out into the outer lane, he starts throwing "wrist oriented" gestures at me! so then he swings out on the roundabout in front of me AGAIN! then all the way down the dual carriageways he swings out and cuts me up in the outside, if I move to the inside he does the same thing! Even racing to get past him he still took dangerous manouvers! I seriously wish I had a dashcam.

the other two were insignificant but those were the worst, and the last - well, I had to double round a roundabout and take a different route. I feared that if I continued after him I would do something I would come to regret.

A question for our resident lawmen - is dashcam footage from the general public - sufficient to secure a prosecution?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Even if you couldn't get a prosecution it would sure look good posted up on youtube for the idiot to see. Nothing you can do about about people with an IQ of less than 40 having driving licenses unfortunately. Just glad your OK.

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Dash cam footage if of adequate quality can be taken into consideration as evidence.

Wish I could share the footage I get from my patrol vehicle cameras as it would make peoples hair go white.

Had an inconsiderate driver over the weekend (in torrential rain) block me on the way to a shout, refuse to pull in even though there was adequate space to do so, and when I finally did manage to get past he proceeded to slide back over the white lines and almost did a PIT manoeuvre on me.

If I hadn't have been going to a potential suicide attempt off a bridge I would have thrownh the book at him.

My blue lights don't exactly make me invisible you know!!

#4 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,356 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Dash cam footage if of adequate quality can be taken into consideration as evidence.

Wish I could share the footage I get from my patrol vehicle cameras as it would make peoples hair go white.

Had an inconsiderate driver over the weekend (in torrential rain) block me on the way to a shout, refuse to pull in even though there was adequate space to do so, and when I finally did manage to get past he proceeded to slide back over the white lines and almost did a PIT manoeuvre on me.

If I hadn't have been going to a potential suicide attempt off a bridge I would have thrownh the book at him.

My blue lights don't exactly make me invisible you know!!

Unbelievable. I was a special constable for a couple of years a while back and saw some pretty horrendous driving in front of us whilst on flash jobs etc!!

Even if you couldn't get a prosecution it would sure look good posted up on youtube for the idiot to see. Nothing you can do about about people with an IQ of less than 40 having driving licenses unfortunately. Just glad your OK.

Perhaps they should add an IQ test to the driving theory test!  :P

#5 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,167 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Crikey Clive that is bad going!

Well I wish I could afford the dashcamage, unfortunately I am adjusting to the life of bills and not doing so well, so unless I can get a bargain with suitable quality and a fantastic price, I dont think I can make it. but I am sure that the footage that could have been captured yesterday would have at least had one ban, and three with a hefty fine...

So if anyone has any good quality suggestions at a bargain price, please let me know!!!

Clive, what would be considered good quality? I presume it would have to be with little to no jumps in the footage?

#6 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

As long as the image is in focus and a decent resolution then it is admissable in the same way that CCTV footage is.
The higher the frame rate the better but even as low as 2fps is workable.
Ideally clear shots of numberplates and drivers faces for positive identification.

#7 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

There are some good quality cameras available through my website below, but they are not that cheap although there is quite a range. Some of the eBay ones look OK but may not provide the quality required.

#8 WAZ91

WAZ91

Whizzle Dizzle

• FOC Supporters
  • 203 posts
  • Name: Warren
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8TDCI Zetec

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

I feel for  you :( ,    I have drive the M5 to Bristol and back to Weston for work and its a terrible stretch!  The one thing that annoys me more than anthing is when im doin 70 i lane one and there is someone doing 60 in the middle not overtaking and no cars to its left for some time!  I cant undertake and there is normally loads of people overtaking him/her/it.

#9 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,167 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

know what you mean. I need to get some kit but need to sort my finances first...

#10 Incontro

Incontro

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

There's some days James, where I feel like every idiot in a 10 mile radius has somehow managed to find me driving! Must have been one of those days for you then...  <_<

Driving home from work this evening, I enter a very congested roundabout...

So I move into the left most lane in order to turn left, and this moron in a white Toyota Tarago at the next exit tries to enter the roundabout, and cut me off when I have already entered and moving. He had a really urgent look on his face, and kept giving me hand movements pointing that he wants to go in the same direction as me.

Silly git, I have already entered the roundabout, stop acting so entitled, and stop trying to cut me off. He tried to urge forward at the last moment again, so I gave him a good blast of the horn. 

/rant.

#11 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 820 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Snap I nearly got rear ended by a hgv yesterday the driver managed to stop literally 6 inches from my bumper all I could see was scania in my rear view mirror. I

#12 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,167 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Its ludicrous! that was what peeved me off - the general lack of concern, there's just so many idiots out there and yes, like you Steve, I seem to be a fist magnet! they definitely all find their way to me!

I love how people will cast gestures when they are in the wrong and you express dissatisfaction at there idiocy!

#13 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Crikey Clive that is bad going!

Well I wish I could afford the dashcamage, unfortunately I am adjusting to the life of bills and not doing so well, so unless I can get a bargain with suitable quality and a fantastic price, I dont think I can make it. but I am sure that the footage that could have been captured yesterday would have at least had one ban, and three with a hefty fine...

So if anyone has any good quality suggestions at a bargain price, please let me know!!!

Clive, what would be considered good quality? I presume it would have to be with little to no jumps in the footage?

Here is a full HD (1080p) dashcam for about £26 -

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_4900wt_1084

#14 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Continuous footage with a time/date stamp, gps location, highest framerate possible without blocking the memory up and best resolution posdible are all preferable.
You'd be surprised as to some of the terrible video quality I've seen which has still been useable evidence.
I was a CCTV liaison officer for a pair of years and had to collate and review some atrocious quality footage and make a case from it.

#15 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Mate of mine on another forum has recommended either of these...

http://www.amazon.co...tag=chrome03-21

http://www.amazon.co...tag=chrome03-21

Test vid of the Kooleretron...

https://www.youtube....h?v=CXiQEEOGsVA

Shows speed as well which could be handy  ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users