Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Central Locking

Rick984

I've noticed a problem with my Central Locking in that it operates without me pressing the buttons on the key fob

(Its in double locking mode) its always when I'm driving, tends to want to open even if all doors are unlocked already but has now started locking again whilst I'm in the car (not locked the keys in yet but knowing my luck is only a matter of time

Any suggestions as to how to sort this problem?

Also it is idling at about 750 revs,and I've heard of a common problem with the vacuum hose, does anyone know which hose this is and where it is located please?

its meant to idle between 670-750 rpm thats normal if it idles below 630 then you have an issue with the hose youres is idling as it should

Seems slow to me, does cause it to stall every now and then too

its not low its the correct rpm having had the mk1 like many on here its the normal speed thats not adjustable if its stalling youre idle control valve likely needs replaced pass side of the engine bay between engine and battery bolted to the engine with 3 10mm bolts the old days of idling at 900 rpm are long gone the ford adjusts it constantly to get the lowest emission value possible and 670-750 is its idling speed when the engines been run for 5 minutes at start up on a cold engine 1100 is the speed stalling is the icv the vacume hose is on the rear of the throttle body a hose with a u shape bend coming out the rear of the throttle then straightens out along the side of the engine under the coil pack if you rev the car and watch youll see if its collapsing or not

Cool cheers for that I shall have a look at that if it ever stops raining lol

try not double locking when youre in the car no need to to be honest not on double lock as that means the door cant be opened from inside double lockings for when you leave the car at night

I don't touch the locks when I'm in the car, they operate on their own :s

Maybe it's the key fob itself?

The doors locking and unlocking themselves is a symptom of water in the drivers side central locking mechanism.

Water gets between the glass and sill rubbers and runs down into the door mechanisms.

The doors locking and unlocking themselves is a symptom of water in the drivers side central locking mechanism.

Water gets between the glass and sill rubbers and runs down into the door mechanisms.

Ah ok, is it possible to save the electronics once this has happened?

Open the door where the latch is on the open door theres 3 torq screws undo the top one nearest to the inside of the car get wd40 attatch the straw and put it in the hole pointing down at a 45 degree angle and give it a few bursts replace the screw and shut and lock the door give it about an hour and it usualky works

• Like 1

Open the door where the latch is on the open door theres 3 torq screws undo the top one nearest to the inside of the car get wd40 attatch the straw and put it in the hole pointing down at a 45 degree angle and give it a few bursts replace the screw and shut and lock the door give it about an hour and it usualky works

Awesome, fingers crossed!

as far as I am aware, its not possible for the car to double lock whilst the ignition is on, if so this is quite a problem!

as far as I am aware, its not possible for the car to double lock whilst the ignition is on, if so this is quite a problem!

Yes I can imagine it is! I've only noticed it singularly living and unlocking thankfully, does seem to be a water issue as previously posted

• 2 weeks later...

try useing the car key in your door locks thay tend to stick

Sent from my GT-P7320T using Ford OC mobile app