Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking Noise On Full Lock Either Direction At Very Slow Speed

the shaymen

Hi, I have a Mk2.5 08 plate 61k miles 1.6 petrol focus. When turning on full lock to leave my drive or say parking there is very loud knocking noise (sounds metal to metal). I have had the car five months and still have 1 month warranty to run with Ford. What do you think it is & do you think it will be covered by Ford. I don't want a big bill so can live with the noise as it only happen at very low speed and on full lock either direction. many thanks for any ideas or help you can give me.

Sounds like outer CV joint(s) check the CV joint gaitors are not split.

Hi, thanks for your reply, just done some googling and found a guy who had same problem and it turned out to be a ' torgue sensor' that controls the electric power steering, it needs a software update due to getting duff info so the power steering must be working too hard for the speed the car is going therefore you get a metal on metal sound repeating. This device stiffens the steering up as you go faster in the car. It was covered by warranty so may give ford a call. Once I know the answer i'll update the topic. cheers ..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club