Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Bag Warnig Light

Muskydo

Hi, following on from previous posts, yet another fault developed today, driving to work this morning the air bag warning lamps lit up, I pulled over to the side of the road expecting the bag to go off, nothing happened so restarted and the light went out, but came on again after a few miles, Parked up in work, 8 hours later started car and light went out, but again came on after a few miles, not sure what will happen tomorrow, any ideas, so many faults in such a short time, the car has only done 51000 miles and is regulary serviced and driven with care, are the Gods of the second hand car salesman ganging up on me.

Cheers

Steve

one of the most common reasons for airbag light is the seat sensors, especially if you have moved either front seat recently..if so just find the connection under that seat and just pull apart and reconnect it...failing thatr you will need the codes read

one of the most common reasons for airbag light is the seat sensors, especially if you have moved either front seat recently..if so just find the connection under that seat and just pull apart and reconnect it...failing thatr you will need the codes read

Specially common on two door models where the seats slide back and forth.

Hi thanks for replies, mine is a 4 door model, today I split the connectors under both front seats, I drove it for approx 5 miles and so far it has not come back on, previously it was getting worse comming on virtually straight away, so hopefully sorted, I'll post again on Monday when I have covered some more miles.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I've covered over 50 miles since checking the seat plug, I'm pleased to say I have had no more airbag warning lamps since, so very pleased.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

always found this a strange one, you rarely see a reason for a bad connection but the disconnect/reconnect works vast majority of times...this happens on a variety of makes/models not just fords...

still, lets not moan about a cheap fix huh. ;)

Yes, any fix that's free is always agreat fix.

Cheers

Steve

For the record, the warning light is for the Supplementary Restraint System (SRS), which is the airbags and the seat belt pre-tensioners. Hence the connectors under the seat (and the little person in the warning light wearing a seat belt).

Thanks for that, it makes sense, I couldn't see anything wrong with my connectors but just splitting and rejoining them sorted the warning lamp, so top tip for me.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/1/2013 at 0:38 AM, wase16ll said:

I did exactly like you said and it actually worked. Saved at least 50$ and time to take car to the dealer. Was a really an easy fix for someone not familiar with car parts. Thank you

• Like 1

Thanks for that.   It's one to remember.

• 2 years later...

Hi I have the same problem with the airbag light coming on, on my 2006 fiesta st. I've unplugged the seat sensors and re-fitted but still there. I've also had it read with a diagnostic machine but codes will not reset, any ideas please?

Kerry

• 8 months later...
On 10/31/2013 at 8:38 PM, wase16ll said:

Thanks a lot I had the same problem on my mk6 ST and this fixed straight away!

On 10/31/2013 at 8:38 PM, wase16ll said:

Thanks Tony.   That's now in my memory bank just in case.

• 2 months later...

Hi my fiesta st 1600 2015 model, yesterday i took out my middle console to adjust my handbrake tension. When i put every thing back is place my airbag light came on and is not going of, and my seatbelt chimes is not working. I already pluged out the airbag plugs on the back of the seat to reset is, could i have missed a plug or something when i put it back together or should i do diagnostics even the airbag light under the radio were it shows if the airbag is on or off is not coming on. Please helpdont know what to do anymore. 

Regards. 

Dolf

• 3 years later...

Hi can anyone share a picture of the connector as my wife's 72 plate Fiesta has the same problem.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Pault07771 said:

my wife's 72 plate Fiesta has the same problem.

This thread was started 31st October 2013 and was about a 2008 diesel Fiesta. I very much doubt the wiring in a 2022 petrol model will be the same.

I would start a new thread and detail the model and the fault that you have. However if the car is a 2022 model it is still covered by the Ford 3 year warranty so you need it looked at by a Ford dealer.