• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Muskydo

Air Bag Warnig Light

Hi, following on from previous posts, yet another fault developed today, driving to work this morning the air bag warning lamps lit up, I pulled over to the side of the road expecting the bag to go off, nothing happened so restarted and the light went out, but came on again after a few miles, Parked up in work, 8 hours later started car and light went out, but again came on after a few miles, not sure what will happen tomorrow, any ideas, so many faults in such a short time, the car has only done 51000 miles and is regulary serviced and driven with care, are the Gods of the second hand car salesman ganging up on me.

Cheers

Steve

one of the most common reasons for airbag light is the seat sensors, especially if you have moved either front seat recently..if so just find the connection under that seat and just pull apart and reconnect it...failing thatr you will need the codes read

one of the most common reasons for airbag light is the seat sensors, especially if you have moved either front seat recently..if so just find the connection under that seat and just pull apart and reconnect it...failing thatr you will need the codes read

Specially common on two door models where the seats slide back and forth.

Hi thanks for replies, mine is a 4 door model, today I split the connectors under both front seats, I drove it for approx 5 miles and so far it has not come back on, previously it was getting worse comming on virtually straight away, so hopefully sorted, I'll post again on Monday when I have covered some more miles.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the advice, I've covered over 50 miles since checking the seat plug, I'm pleased to say I have had no more airbag warning lamps since, so very pleased.

Cheers

Steve

always found this a strange one, you rarely see a reason for a bad connection but the disconnect/reconnect works vast majority of times...this happens on a variety of makes/models not just fords...

still, lets not moan about a cheap fix huh. ;)

Yes, any fix that's free is always agreat fix.

Cheers

Steve

For the record, the warning light is for the Supplementary Restraint System (SRS), which is the airbags and the seat belt pre-tensioners. Hence the connectors under the seat (and the little person in the warning light wearing a seat belt).

Thanks for that, it makes sense, I couldn't see anything wrong with my connectors but just splitting and rejoining them sorted the warning lamp, so top tip for me.

Cheers

Steve

On 11/1/2013 at 0:38 AM, wase16ll said:

I did exactly like you said and it actually worked. Saved at least 50$ and time to take car to the dealer. Was a really an easy fix for someone not familiar with car parts. Thank you

Thanks for that.   It's one to remember.