Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

shaiboy_uk

Entering Radio Code onto Ford 6000 CD unit, not working?!?!

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

New to this forum, so HI :P

Using my dads Ford Fiesta Style 2007 plate, and noticed that when he gave me it, the radio was flashing asking for its code, he don't use the radio in it.

I have the code here, but pressing 1-4 doesn't change it from "CODE ----" just keeps flashing. I have disconnected the battery for several hours and still it doesn't allow the code to be entered.

Anyone know how this can be done? I could take it back to the dealer, but I would have to book it in, and leave it, and just don't have the time just now.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Hi all,

New to this forum, so HI :P

Using my dads Ford Fiesta Style 2007 plate, and noticed that when he gave me it, the radio was flashing asking for its code, he don't use the radio in it.

I have the code here, but pressing 1-4 doesn't change it from "CODE ----" just keeps flashing. I have disconnected the battery for several hours and still it doesn't allow the code to be entered.

Anyone know how this can be done? I could take it back to the dealer, but I would have to book it in, and leave it, and just don't have the time just now.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

The manual should tell you the method of entering the code.

I believe there is a certain sequence to it but I've never had to enter a code in any car I've owned as it's always been factory set.

Hi thanks,

I know how to enter it, but my issue is when entering 1-4 to get the code to change, its not changing on the screen, just flashing "CODE ----".

Does anyone know how to reset the unit, to get it back to day one, where it should take the code?

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

as stated, it doesn't work like the manual states, for first number you press the 1 button under the number comes up, it doesn't do that! and same for each of the numbers of the codes, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK, hence why i'm asking if someone knows how to reset the unit!

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

as stated, it doesn't work like the manual states, for first number you press the 1 button under the number comes up, it doesn't do that! and same for each of the numbers of the codes, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK, hence why i'm asking if someone knows how to reset the unit!

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Ok fair play dude. This happened to me once and it was so easy to sort it out that i didnt even bother remembering how to fix it! All i can think of is try reconnecting the battery again, try turning the unit on and off a few times before you attempt to enter the code, and try it with key in and the ignition on... good luck

Sorry for my ignorance but what does RTFM mean,

....... RING THE F-----G MECHANIC,........ RING THE FORD MAN......

Ok fair play dude. This happened to me once and it was so easy to sort it out that i didnt even bother remembering how to fix it! All i can think of is try reconnecting the battery again, try turning the unit on and off a few times before you attempt to enter the code, and try it with key in and the ignition on... good luck

Done that, still can't get the code entered!

Does anyone know the reset option for the unit???

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Was your car plugged into the ford computer before this happened.

Mine was recently plugged in and since then I cant put the code in niether!

When you turn it on "Vehicle ID" comes up then "Enter code ---- 32"

No buttons work.

greeting can someone help me find the code for cd 6000 ford focus 2003.made by visteon IN PORTUGAL. MODEL 6000 NE. SERIAL NO. M991183 . PART NO. YS4F-18C815-AC.

greeting can someone help me find the code for cd 6000 ford focus 2003.made by visteon IN PORTUGAL. MODEL 6000 NE. SERIAL NO. M991183 . PART NO. YS4F-18C815-AC.

Ford or ebay.

Code sharing is banned on the Forum.

Download the ford m code generator and do it your self, just google it and you will find