Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paulrdon

Hiya I joined earlier in the year but this is my first post :)

Both me and my wife have focuses I've got a 2008 1.6tdci zetec and the wife has a 2012 1.6tdci titanium x I persuaded her to get the focus she nealy got a civic !

So I've just found a problem with my 2008 focus, the esp is now always off I can't turn it back on, the main question I have is will this fail its mot I'm not really bothered about it always been off as long as it gets me through

Thanks

Paul

I just relished I shouldn't ask questions in new memb sorry!

Hi and welcome.

I take it you have tried turning the ESP back on via the stalk control and dash display. If it is set as on then their must be an issue with a sensor somewhere and my only thought is to get a diagnostic done on it to identify exactly where the problem is.

Hi and welcome.

I take it you have tried turning the ESP back on via the stalk control and dash display. If it is set as on then their must be an issue with a sensor somewhere and my only thought is to get a diagnostic done on it to identify exactly where the problem is.

yeah i tried that it just turns it self back off im gonna try a hook it up to a computer tomorrow hopefully :)

Yes it will fail mot. Any safety feature of the car not working will fail an mot sorry. What happens when you turn the system on? I would suggest an ecu reset using elmconfig or disconnect the battery for couple hours

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Welcome to the family Paul.

Do you have any ABS lights come on long or short term? have you read the error codes on the car?

Often the ESP can be overridden by the car, if there is a faulty reading from a sensor. Sometimes if this was a one off and just holds an error code in place, this can be enough to stop the ESP system working properly. A code reset may resolve this, alternatively, if the error persists, you may find that its something simple like a short wiring loom issue (I had a similar issue earlier in the summer!)

Welcome to the family Paul.

Do you have any ABS lights come on long or short term? have you read the error codes on the car?

Often the ESP can be overridden by the car, if there is a faulty reading from a sensor. Sometimes if this was a one off and just holds an error code in place, this can be enough to stop the ESP system working properly. A code reset may resolve this, alternatively, if the error persists, you may find that its something simple like a short wiring loom issue (I had a similar issue earlier in the summer!)

hi the abs lights have never come on i only have the light with a car skidding on all the time , i havent had time yet to have a proper look hopefully be tomorrow now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club