Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speakers In 57 Plate Focus

Foz77

Greetings

I'm thinking of upgrading my Speakers and I'm trying to find out the spec of the factory ones in my 5-dr Zetec, by which I mean, brand, size, wattage

I'm right in thinking there is one in each door and 2 tweeters in the door mirror areas?

I don't really want to have to pull off door trims to have a look, but obviously I need to know spec so I can get better/proper replacements

Can't find this info anywhere on the internet or in manuals, so I hope someone can help!

Thanks
Mike

They are all pop riveted in and a pain in the back side to even get out the new ones need bolted in

They are 6.5" in the front doors, and yes there are tweeters in the pillars by the mirrors.. I think the rears are 5x7s for mk2 focuses, going by memory though, about 85% sure they are 5x7s lol. I don't know the wattage of them.

This might be helpful..

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/327185-door-speaker-fitment-mk2-focus/

Also this youtube video might be of use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbJtfoSZO60

And theres a guy on this forum who's created a guide, he's done a pretty good job of upgrading the Speakers..

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44150-guide-to-complete-stereo-installation-focus-mk2/

Just thought i'd post my findings as I plan to upgrade my Speakers in the future :)

I'm assuming it's the same between a mk2 and 2.5 but i'm not sure.. is yours a 2.5?

The rear Speakers of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 are round 160 mm. The original Speakers have an integrated plastic adapter. To fit aftermarket Speakers you need to buy or make adapters.

The original speakers are branded FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company). Front and rear are 25 Watts.

In my opinion the original speakers are not that bad. I Always thought the original speakers were pretty bad but after upgrading to the MK2.5 6CD Sony DAB radio and retrofitting the original rear tweeters they really sound a lot better. At the moment I do not feel the need to change the original speakers for some aftermarket speakers.

• Like 1

Oh right, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the rears are 5x7s lol.

And I agree, I think they are very good too, I have upgraded to a pioneer stereo and the sound is amazing compared to what it used to be.. but upgrading would be even better.

Thanks for the replies all.

I suspect the one in the front passenger door is knackered - can't handle even the slightest bit of bass, so I've had to adjust the balance to the right and take all the bass off the stereo - which aint good if you love the bass up in your music as I do ;-p

Think this is something I will look at again after Christmas spending is out of the way...

Thanks again

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club