Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help???

georgegbe

hi can someone please tell me what this pipe is and where I can buy one please as the clip on the end of it has broken off and I can feel air coming out of it where its not held on by anything now??

post-47880-0-72830200-1383521636_thumb.j

hi can someone please tell me what this pipe is and where I can buy one please as the clip on the end of it has broken off and I can feel air coming out of it where its not held on by anything now??

The pipe is the cranccase breather hose, it connects the rocker cover to the engines air inlet (pre turbo compressor)

its purpose is to allow the crancase to "breathe" - and to release the pressure of expanding air, or piston back pressure, often there is burnt gasses / carbon monoxide oily residue etc expelled from the breather - it is re-directed into the inlet on a modern car to be re-gurgitated by the engine for emmisions purposes

As it is not a pressurised part of the system on the inlet side (pre turbo) it will draw air - this is not a major problem exept that it by-passes the MAF sensor (the extra air it sucks in is not measured by the MAF/ ECU - this is not a big problem on a diesel, though) on the carankase/ rocker cover end as long as the engine can "breathe" it will be ok

the fumes coming out of the breather, however, are not very good for you and if you can smell it (it sometimes smells like burning oil or rubber) when you are driving in the car it may be wise to turn your vents off and open the window (on many modern cars the vents for the cabin air intake are at the base of the windscreen, seperate from the engine bay- so you would be ok an that case)

Its a common fault on the 1.6 PSA (Citroen/ Puegeot/ Ford) engine - there is often leaking oil around this hose, the air coming out of it is from the crankcase

This looks a lot like the part / best to double check (i dont know if you have to buy the whole assembly/ or if you can buy the broken bit seperately) -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-O-E-AIR-FILTER-FLOW-HOSE-PIPE-TUBE-FORD-FOCUS-CMAX-C-MAX-1-6-TDCI-/130886351382?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e796f3a16

That's the right part.

Brand new from Ford you're looking at about £100 (although that includes all clips and clamps) so the part linked to by FOCA is worth the punt.

post-28494-0-10966800-1383551255_thumb.j

Thanks so much for your help :-)

Sent from my HTC One mini using Ford OC mobile app

Is it possible I was lossing power due to this?

Probably so if it has a break somewhere in the pipe.

I bought a non OEM from eBay, £35 including next day delivery and it works perfectly! as it should be the same for the Ford, I will try and dig out the link...

Cant seem to find it in my history...

Cheers mate but ive already ordered the one foca posted thank you anyway

No Worries, the pain in the backside is that pipe is not even fixed into the big pipe. It actually just pushes and wedges in. I asked Ford if I could buy it new, they said you can only replace the unit at a cost of over £120.

Quick look on eBay and sure enough I couldnt find this one little hose, but for just over £30 it was a result anyway.