Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High pitch noise when trying to ring with bluetooth

Nipz

Hey all,

I was taking my dog out on the moors for a walk today and went to ring mother to let her know what was what and just after i had confirmed to dial 'Mum' with the voice control (as it was connecting with my phone) it suddenly played the loudest high pitch noise i have ever heard!!! My dog went mad and i swerved! The only way i could get it to stop was by turning the radio off. Left it for 5 mins whilst i got my breath back and tried again and worked fine!

Any idea what the hell it was all about? Scared the cr*p out of me, hate to have it do it on the motorway doing 70mph+

Cheers guys and girls

Hey all,

I was taking my dog out on the moors for a walk today and went to ring mother to let her know what was what and just after i had confirmed to dial 'Mum' with the voice control (as it was connecting with my phone) it suddenly played the loudest high pitch noise i have ever heard!!! My dog went mad and i swerved! The only way i could get it to stop was by turning the radio off. Left it for 5 mins whilst i got my breath back and tried again and worked fine!

Any idea what the hell it was all about? Scared the cr*p out of me, hate to have it do it on the motorway doing 70mph+

Cheers guys and girls

Never had this but I have had several other quirks with the radio not working and going off etc.

One thing I have noticed with voice control however is how easy it is for it to get the wrong command.......eg I say phone and it turns on the climate control!!!!!

I tend to use the keypad to make a phone call---it eliminates any possibility of the computer "hearing" incorrectly and yet still remaining safe to drive.

Only thing i noticed was just after ending a phone call, the radio went super loud for about 1-2 seconds, while scaring the crap out of me as i wernt expecting it!

Never had what youve had Mark, But i know what you mean hedgepig, i have Pete in my voice controls and it always thinks i say repeat and never lets me dial!! So annoying.

Im hoping someone else has had this problem and can shed some light!

Nipz - maybe you should get ford to check your radio configuration like the problem i'm currently having with my car. They said then its common for the radio to not adjust volume at all or for it to go really loud (i have the quiet problem - luckily!)

I would get it checked as that's dangerous! And your poor dog!

The voice configuration refuses to work for me at all, ford said my voice is too girly! haha!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club