Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Clive Where Are You?!

BeccaaCat

I have a police-y question which you may be able to help me with :p

My question is- what exactly is a PINS notice for harassment and how long will it last?

We've had one issued against a boy we were having some trouble with, and just trying to Google how long it would last people are saying it's a very different thing to what the officer who issued it told us it was (hope that made sense I feel like I'm rambling)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thank you :)

Makes sense now!

• Like 1

Next time i'm in devon i'm going to visit Clive ;- )

You guys are very helpful hahah :p

Shame my job doesn't really have a helpful set of skills!

• Like 1

Everyone has something to offer.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Well if you ever need help budgeting or need help buying something then I can help haha :p

• Like 1

Hahaha also...... having your number plate on your dashboard tucked right down so you can barely see it rather than having it on the front of your car is illegal isn't it??

Yes.

Plate has to correctly displayed and clearly visible on the front and rear of a vehicle.

Thank you!

I got told the other day to go away and eat faeces (not worded so politely!) and that I always need to be perfect because I told someone their number plate was illegal lol. Apparently police pulled them and told them it was okay :p

clear they werent pulled by a traffic officer then!

haha. I would have taken a photo of him next to his car, then say "well in that case, I am sure you wont mind them seeing it!"

clear they werent pulled by a traffic officer then!

haha. I would have taken a photo of him next to his car, then say "well in that case, I am sure you wont mind them seeing it!"

I just laughed because I honestly think he believes himself! He 'apparently' had an MOT done too and they said nothing about his HIDs or stretched tyres or his decat exhaust..:lol:

That is the sort of MOT centre you want to visit when you have just written your motor off! :p

"Yeah sure, bodywork's hanging off? brake fluid leaking? no steering - Congratulations! 12 months certificate coming right up!"

Thank you!

I got told the other day to go away and eat faeces (not worded so politely!) and that I always need to be perfect because I told someone their number plate was illegal lol. Apparently police pulled them and told them it was okay :p

So the police pulled him to tell him his number plate was ok? I await getting pulled for the police to tell me my headlights are working ok!

He's just a slavering moron

• Like 1

Stretched tyres would pass an mot becca they aren't an mot issue if they are the same size on each axel

As long as the wheels aren't outside the arch radius they're legal but do look crap :p

• Like 1

As long as the wheels aren't outside the arch radius they're legal but do look crap :P

A little stretch looks good Clive but it has to be right wheels, size tyres and ride height, but I can tell you from experience, it should be banned because the car handles like a pig when running on stretched tyres.

Clive another question if I can hi-jack this thread?

On M62 we have just had managed motorway installed with variable speed limits and speed cameras on overhead gantries. I understand that cameras only operate when the speed limit is set lower than 70mph and signs are displaying the lower speed. My son has just seen the cameras flash someone when no speed limit signs were showing. Will this guy get a ticket?

Thanks

If he was driving at the national limit and no speed restriction signs were displayed then any resultant penalty notice would be void.

If they were to attempt enforcement then putting in an appeal would be advisable, fo not pay any ticket until the appeal has been processed as that would be classed as an admission of guilt.

Cheers Clive. What if he was doing over, say 80mph would the ticket still be valid?

There are loads of threads about this scenario on lots of sites but have been unable to find any sort of definitive answer.

Standard allowance is 10% of a posted limit to allow for under reading on speedos (factory set).

A speed enforcement could be issued for any speed over 77mph but it would be very unlikely to be pulled over for being just over the limit.

Cameras are another thing though, some will have a tolerance and some won't, TBH it is a bit of a lottery.

if a ticket was issued on a motorway for 80mph, then it would be valid, especially if issued by a camera. The 10% (+2 if its a generous area) then he would perhaps get away with 79. however, if his roadspeed was above this then he would be caught. if his speedometer was at 80mph, there would be a slight chance that the ticket would not be meant for him.

I do believe though that in the event a camera flashes someone else, if there is another vehicle in the frame that has passed the road markings in a way that indicates speeding (the lane next to him) then that could result in a ticket, if the penalty issuer recognises this.

The only other thing is that not all camera's are digital, some (although they are becoming few and far between) run on film reels and there is a chance that this reel was full then you could 'get away with it'

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club