Over the weekend, I checked the car, and to my huge disappointment, it appears it does not have the footwell lighting sockets installed. I checked some of the older threads on this topic, and have gathered that:
(1) I will need to buy the sockets and wire them.
(2) For the passenger side, apparently it is possible to:
- take the glovebox out
- find the loom/wires that were originally meant for the footwell lighting
-tape some wires to it, and channel it down from behind the glovebox, past the HVAC in the footwell, and to the metal bracket where the bulb is supposed to be.
So here are my questions:
(1) Where do I find the part for the bulb holder? Any other parts necessary? Any links?
(2) Is the method for wiring the passenger side correct?
(3) How would I go about wiring the drivers side? Is it easier vs. the passenger?
(4) Anything else I have missed out?
(This is my first ever car mod btw, but I have a knowledge of electronics.) I hope this isn't too time consuming, but I would love to have some decent night time lighting...