Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powertrain Warning Light Fusion 2008

simonbon

My fusion lost power and powertrain warning light came on.

After 5 minutes i restarted and car drove ok but same thing happened.

Its a 1.6 petrol with manual box. Scanned for errors and found u0166 which is something to do with auxiliary heater connection.

Can anyone suggest where the problem could be coming from? Has this error got anything to do with the loss of power?

I have had this car from new since 2008 and it has 49000 kms, regularily serviced.

Car runs fine and no noises from either engine or gearbox.

Thanks for your time.

Lost communication with Auxilliary heater control module seems to be the error description. have you checked the bonnet for any duff smells or bad signs?

No smells detected or any signs of damage anywhere.

Does this error have anything to do with the car going into limp mode?

What is the auxiliary heater? (Its a petrol engine)

What could be wrong with the powertrain? Or could it be an electronics problem?

One thing i noticed is that while using the scanner to check the can bus network the interior light blinked intermittently. The driver door was open during the scan. Dont know if this is normal.

Thanks

Not heard of that before, however, if you drop the u from the error code 0166 offers a problem with the O2 sensor bank. This could be the problem.

Do you have any other error codes? I would suggest that you disconnect the battery for half an hour and leave it discharged. Then reconnect and try again. Sometimes you can get electrical gremlins that can be discharged this way.

Ok I will try this way.

Many thanks.

If you have an email address i can send you some screen shots of info I have found from RETIS database. (Its like Autodata)

Feel free to post the data here as long as its not copyrighted information. Or feel free to post a link to its data.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club