27 replies to this topic

#16 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

From someone who has driven both a BMW (not a !Removed! thankyou!!!!!) and a Fiesta I will defend them both. I love my Fiesta right now its fantastic car to drive, however I equally was besotted with my BM, I will definately have another BMW in my lifetime, but without being snobby I wouldnt want just a 316 saloon, for me it would have to be a sport coupe or in our wildest dreams if we won the lottery an M3. There isnt really a comparison between the two, they are both so different, Max has a friend who has an very old R reg BMW 5 series and he has gone totally over the top pimped it out, he drives with all four windows open and stereo blasting out and looks totally ridiculous, however, I am sure there may be a few who think that I look ridiculous at my age driving around in an mountune fiesta with its go faster stripes - its each to their own at the end of the day.

Keith I am very jealous that you have the choice to drive either of them in the mornings lol.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

From someone who has driven both a BMW (not a !Removed! thankyou!!!!!) and a Fiesta I will defend them both. I love my Fiesta right now its fantastic car to drive, however I equally was besotted with my BM, I will definately have another BMW in my lifetime, but without being snobby I wouldnt want just a 316 saloon, for me it would have to be a sport coupe or in our wildest dreams if we won the lottery an M3. There isnt really a comparison between the two, they are both so different, Max has a friend who has an very old R reg BMW 5 series and he has gone totally over the top pimped it out, he drives with all four windows open and stereo blasting out and looks totally ridiculous, however, I am sure there may be a few who think that I look ridiculous at my age driving around in an mountune fiesta with its go faster stripes - its each to their own at the end of the day.

Keith I am very jealous that you have the choice to drive either of them in the mornings lol.

I'm in the Fiesta this morning. The wife was on lates last night and my car was at the back so I took hers so she's driving round in mine today. When she had the 206, I'd have swapped the cars this morning as I didn't really like driving that, again, the Fiesta is in a different league to the 206.

To be honest, I wasn't having a dig at Fiesta, more at the people who generalise about BMW drivers.

#18 mig

mig

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta 1.25 16v mk4
Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

i used to love beemers but now every1 has got them. Every time i'm stopped at the traffic lights i always get a beemer try race me he goes wheelspinning off i jus pull off normal and who will look like the !Removed! the BMW driver for drivin like a noob.

yh they obviously in different leagues yu cant compare but wa i dont get is why do they always try race ya around any where there is no point at all. if i turned up wit and hemi dodge charger old school they would still try race ya although they would know they would get whipped off the line. i arn't saying all bmw drivers are bad its prob like 8 out 10 or either its just down my end lol.

i've always liked fiesta's from the mk1 and all the way to the mk7. i'm going have to have a test drive but i know i will defo want 1 because mine is gettin a tad uncomy feel all the bumps in the road its a right pain, and they are well nice to look at.

mine looks a bit boy racer but i arnt into that stuff i don't see the point in spending all that money on it to crash the car. lol

#19 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

nah i wouldnt have the beemer because when i look out the window there is also a mercs lol id prefer a merces to the beemer neday
i used to love beemers but now every1 has got them. Every time i'm stopped at the traffic lights i always get a beemer try race me he goes wheelspinning off i jus pull off normal and who will look like the !Removed! the BMW driver for drivin like a noob.

i've always liked fiesta's from the mk1 and all the way to the mk7. i'm going have to have a test drive but i know i will defo want 1 because mine is gettin a tad uncomy feel all the bumps in the road its a right pain, and they are well nice to look at.

mine looks a bit boy racer but i arnt into that stuff i don't see the point in spending all that money on it to crash the car. lol

You're making that up aren't you.

#20 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

You're making that up aren't you.

LMAO!

If someone asked me to swap my fiesta for an M3 id would say yes please :) as long as your paying for the insurance ;)

#21 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

lol well that little rant opened a can of worms didn't it...

But im sure you will all agree that quite a lot of BMW drivers are pillocks, though I am more than happy to accept that there are some very courteous ones as well, and im sure that Keith is the latter, based on his pet hates topic.

Oh, I don't know, what do you reckon, M3 or Fiesta.

You get up, open the curtains, which car would you rather see on the drive.

Unfortunately I dont live in a house, I dont have a driveway, and I dont have a garage. I'm thinking that the odds are stacked against the BMW, if both were parked on the street at night, when some drunken scumbags decide to go on a keying spree, or if some car thieves were in the area. Maybe if i had the money for a BMW, and I owned a garage then i would prefer the M3. But i dont think i could sleep at night with it parked on the street

To be honest, I wasn't having a dig at Fiesta, more at the people who generalise about BMW drivers.

I was at the shop this evening buying some food and the like, there was a BMW parked over TWO invalid bays, without an orange badge. Surely you have seen this kind of BMW-man behaviour (along with the others in my previous post)Kieth? Personally I have never seen BMW-man behaviour from hatchback drivers, or even Bentley drivers!

Maybe other BMW drivers should learn from Keith about responsible BMW ownership, you go Keith! be a BMW ambassador and lead the way forward! Then maybe in the future my fiesta can be driven in harmony with BMW's on the public highway!

#22 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

lol well that little rant opened a can of worms didn't it...

But im sure you will all agree that quite a lot of BMW drivers are pillocks, though I am more than happy to accept that there are some very courteous ones as well, and im sure that Keith is the latter, based on his pet hates topic.

Unfortunately I dont live in a house, I dont have a driveway, and I dont have a garage. I'm thinking that the odds are stacked against the BMW, if both were parked on the street at night, when some drunken scumbags decide to go on a keying spree, or if some car thieves were in the area. Maybe if i had the money for a BMW, and I owned a garage then i would prefer the M3. But i dont think i could sleep at night with it parked on the street

I was at the shop this evening buying some food and the like, there was a BMW parked over TWO invalid bays, without an orange badge. Surely you have seen this kind of BMW-man behaviour (along with the others in my previous post)Kieth? Personally I have never seen BMW-man behaviour from hatchback drivers, or even Bentley drivers!

Maybe other BMW drivers should learn from Keith about responsible BMW ownership, you go Keith! be a BMW ambassador and lead the way forward! Then maybe in the future my fiesta can be driven in harmony with BMW's on the public highway!

I've seen bad driving from men and women, Fords and BMWs, old and young, petrol and diesel.

It's as simple as that really.

#23 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

I've seen bad driving from men and women, Fords and BMWs, old and young, petrol and diesel.

I've seen more Fords on the road than BMWs, but more poor driving from BMWs than from Fords. Go Figure...

(For the love of god Keith dont get me wrong. Im not tarring people with the same brush, merely stating that the BMW stereotype that we know and hate is all too common on the roads.)

^_^

#24 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

This thread has truly shocked me, I cannot possibly agree that BMW drivers are the worse on the road!!! white van man, artic lorries, 4x4 drivers (yeah and I was one until Dec 08) are just as guilty.

#25 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

I used to hate anyone that drove a Metro. Now they really are rubbish drivers! :lol:

My brother has a lovely BMW 7 series. Its huge! He was an Audi man for many years but when he traded the A4 in he got a beemer. He never liked the BMW man but when he saw that he fell in love. Beautiful car to drive, looks great inside and its just awesome!

#26 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

I used to hate anyone that drove a Metro. Now they really are rubbish drivers! :lol:

My brother has a lovely BMW 7 series. Its huge! He was an Audi man for many years but when he traded the A4 in he got a beemer. He never liked the BMW man but when he saw that he fell in love. Beautiful car to drive, looks great inside and its just awesome!

My mate had a BMW 7 series---what a motor that was--but he didn't drive like a idiot.

I've been lucky enough to own two BMWs (albeit BMW Minis) and whilst I agree that there are some absolute idiots who do drive BMWs there are loads and loads of idiots who drive ordinary mundane cars like your Citroen Saxos and the like.

If I win the Euro lottery tonight I'll be going straight to Sytners to order my M3 or maybe a Z4 or maybe both!!! :lol:

#27 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

My mate had a BMW 7 series---what a motor that was--but he didn't drive like a idiot.

I've been lucky enough to own two BMWs (albeit BMW Minis) and whilst I agree that there are some absolute idiots who do drive BMWs there are loads and loads of idiots who drive ordinary mundane cars like your Citroen Saxos and the like.

If I win the Euro lottery tonight I'll be going straight to Sytners to order my M3 or maybe a Z4 or maybe both!!! :lol:

If I win the Euro lottery tonight I will pay for your upgrade and appearance pack I know you want lol, then I will go and buy a zetec s in a variety of colours and have them all mountuned up lol

#28 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

If I won the lottery tonight (or tomorrow now being so late) I would buy an Audi TT and BMW X5. Cos i'm so small I would probably need a ladder to get on the front seat! :lol: :lol:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users