Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Fiesta Build

FordNewbies

Hello All,

My name is Omar and im 20.

I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 (95) TDCI.

I am planning on doing the full works to my car. Previously I owned a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Sport, I done that up quite well and im ready to start all over again.

I have a mid ranged budget (meaning that i wont skimp and buy cheap tacky parts but on the other hand due too other finanicial commitments I cant splurge on everything expensive lool).

So I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to where the best place to start would be.

I am already on possession of a top notch Sub and Amp unit (one of the splurges before life got serious lol) and was wondering if its worth having a new headunit fitted or is fitting it to the standard HU sufficient enough, by the way I have a sub fitting booked in for saturday.

So fire away guys and girls, point me in the right direction please

:)

post-47874-0-09147300-1383678334_thumb.j

i found the standard headunit fine with my amp and sub, but i heard a mk7 with an aftermarket head unit with the fascia kit and amp and sub and it sounded quailty but it didnt look very nice at all it was very weird and didnt fit in so its up to you, changing the head unit did make a huge improvment on sound quailty but looked horrible my opinion

the only issue i see with not replacing the HU is that you wont be able to separate the audio signals. so in order for you to control everthing specifically you need to replace the standard. im just so used to that level of control. hmm...especially with the genre of music i listen to, the B-line is heavy :whistling: i just dont want any distortion, ive noticed that when a heavy B-Line drops the headunit turns down the Treble levels so the vocals are low while the B-line is heavy in order to improve sound 'quality' that after it returns to normal.

I find my head unit is alright for the music i listen to but i know what you mean, i get some distortion when i turn it up full, but with the amp installed if i turn it up above volume 8 i feel like im having a heart attack from the bass and i loose my hearing from the high noises but i opted for the good looks in the car with good sound quality but if you want perfect sound upgrade it but with the double din fascia kit alone 180 plus looking at a good 400 for a good double din stereo and then fitting all in i was quoted 1600 which was 1000 over budget lol so just went for amp and 6.1 component set up

Fitting the new units etc is something i could do on my own or with my friends (Car Audio Mod fiends lol). But if things are going to start to cost money like that then i would rather stick it in on the Stand HU plus some hertz components for better range and then focus on performance upgrades first. any suggestions?

Yes i would, i have hertz comps in front and co axial in rear with the amp and dual sub in the boot, i only recommend hertz due to the quality and performance wise what engine do you have?

Sorry just saw 1.6 tdci, um not too sure on tdci's um could Get a tuning box and remap after changing the exhaust that should add a bit of power but over than that im not too sure sorry petrol boy myself aha

I put in hertz comps in my last car so i know what you mean bro, love at first voice note haha. I have a JBL amp and a JL Audio Twin Slot ported sub. My engine is a 1.6 (95) TDCI

Nice and yh there good :) you can always add the head unit later if you want so id get the Speakers first and see how you go, Sorry just saw 1.6 tdci, um not too sure on tdci's um could Get a tuning box and remap after changing the exhaust that should add a bit of power but over than that im not too sure sorry petrol boy myself aha

ive been readin online and there is a few things than can be done to the engine in reference to upgrades that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg. Have you put in an induction kit?

No i was going to get the j1 air filter but i read a very good post from another fiesta owner who said, all the air kits require cold air intake to see performance gains, and when they dyno test them the bonnet is open in a cold room with air con meaning they get the best results but NEVER road like conditions, so when the engine is hot and the air around it is hot and the air intake is using hot air not cold, so you get less performance than you did before. Hence the reason you have the big ugly air filter unit in the engine bay but it stops all the hot air being drawn in. So i just replaced the filter and left it unless you want a better noise and placebo effect of performance gains just leave it bud

I've been reading about things like that too. Plus I've read it's hard to find a for a engine that has a DFT fitted to its exhaust system.

Thank you the advice chaps, its given me a bit to
think about.

Well let me list the things i have booked in to do so
far:

Sub and Amp Fitting 09/11- £50 ( to answer the questions i was asked
before by Ryan its a local guy that me and my firends have been using to fit
components etc for a while, he advised me about what is needed to run it of the
standard HU. So its all looking good so far.)

Car Servicing 09/11 - £160
(a local garage i used with my previous car, the owner always done well by me by
never charging me stupid money. i called it a student discount lol. sometimes in
my opinion at a kinda loss to himself. He rebuilt the whole top end of my engine
in my punto for peanuts in comparison to whay i was being quoted before. Very
experience mechanic with the proper tools. if you live in london give me a shout
and guide you in the right direction)

Engine Remap 16/11 - £300 (It will
be done on a rolling road, ill have to drive to birmingham. Good thing i bought
a diesel right)

HID Kit Fitting 16/11 - £100 (Same Guys as the
RRR)

Custom Induction Fitting 16/11 - £100 (Same Guys again, some of you
will say its pointless etc. I just think it must be better than the standard
filter thats fitted from factory, plus an extra bit of grunt wouldnt
hurt)

After this looking at the pumaspeed power upgrade a few months
after of saving. for those that want to google it: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-F...alance_959.jsp

I
like the look of black and silver BBS rims while having the car riding lower on
coilovers. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fo...s+bbs&tbm=isch

Again
all your constructive opinions are appreciated.

Some guys in Birmingham called 'racebits'. they come highly recommended by family and friends. plus they have just upgraded their RR so that they will be able to tune elements down to the microns right in front of you. i spoke to the owner on the phone earlier on today.

Ah ok, never heard of them.

Not really any use to be from newcastle but it's good to know haha you'll have to let us know what it's like after the remap. It's something I'm looking to get done next year

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Just thought i would update this forum with what i have completed so far on the car.

I have fitted:

A custom built Longlife Full exhaust system up to the DPF cost me £420 (After i had this fitted there was a notable difference to the way the car picked up speed in the lower gear/ rpm rage. in my opinion well worth the investment)

I have tinted my Windows which cost me £100

I have had my sub and amp fitted to the main head unit (the guy i had fit in was an expert that solve every problem he came across. so if anyone has had any issues with the head unit etc just give me a shout and i will share what ive learnt with you). that cost me £60

I have change the bulbs to LEDs, cost me £20 for the whole range. Now on the dimmed lights have a lovely white crisp glow :wub:

I will be uploading picture as soon as i get my car back from the mechanics. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50880-timing-belt-snapping/ :driving::oops:

Thank god i did things in the order i did them in, i was planning on getting my car lowered first, which woud have made my car an absolute nightmare to recover on the motorway. would lost the front bumper lool.

What i still have left to do:

HID Kit

Remap

Coil overs

BBS Rims

Add interior lights where suitable

Larger Turbo Charger

Having the Car wrapped with Gun Metal grey, with a Carbon Fibre roof (excited about this one because i still havent seen it done yet. £1200)

Edited by FordNewbies
  • Like 1