Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Sometimes Starts On 2Nd Turn Of Ignition

1989jeffrey1989

Hi, just wonderig if it could be serious but i dont think it is, car starts fine when cold but if turn the engine off then go and get back into half an hour later it sometimes takes 2 turns of the key to start her up again? Just seems ofd to me and if anyone knows what it could be? :S

Hi Kieran,

whats the outside temperature when your trying to start the car? does the car start quickly second time around? also does the car just tick over and over and over until you stop (no matter how long you try) and then boots up quickly / slowly on the second turn?

Hi Kieran,

whats the outside temperature when your trying to start the car? does the car start quickly second time around? also does the car just tick over and over and over until you stop (no matter how long you try) and then boots up quickly / slowly on the second turn?

Hi there, it was about 12 degrees outside. Yep it starts straight away 2nd time, it just ticks over and over for how ever long i try it, it only ever happens when ive got back into the car after about 30-45 mins? Starts fine in the mornings straight away 👍

It does often happen when a car is inbetween a hot and a cold start. The manual says to use a little throttle in these cases.

When was the car last serviced with a plugs leads and filters change? If plugs etc are new and correctly gapped it should improve things.

The book says it was serviced this september at 63K, bought the car a month ago only done 150 miles since the book doesnt say what was changed etc.

when you try to start the car without success, is there a red light going nuts on the dash? then behaving itself second time around?

From memory i Havent noticed a flashing light from anywhere.

Middle of the dash theres an immobiliser light that flashes when cars locked out key in it goes solid then goes out??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club