Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Ford Focus

Pav1

Not yet that's my next purchase planned then it's a full samco hose kit and a gen 3 air tech intercooler to follow prep work going forward for a hybrid turbo not going mental but 170bhp is the aim and 300lb per ft of torque by this time next year :-)

• Like 2

I've just done my egr valve today on my 2.0 tdci focus 07 reg with dpf took 5 minutes to do light hasn't come on and I've checked fault codes and nothing so far

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny I've looked high and low to so I've decided to do it the old fashion way and use calipers and tape measure and order the sizes that way :-) expensive is the word hence it's going to be a year long project along with overtime at work :-/

• Like 1

I've fitted my blanking p,ate this morning on a 1.6 tdci 2010 focus zetec s and I can only say best fiver I've ever spent on a car no light on the dash but I did have the ecu remapped and the dpf removed :-)

nice one - its good to get positive feedback about solid plates

Not yet that's my next purchase planned then it's a full samco hose kit and a gen 3 air tech intercooler to follow prep work going forward for a hybrid turbo not going mental but 170bhp is the aim and 300lb per ft of torque by this time next year :-)

There is someone who has got 230Hp/300+ft-lbs out of the PSA 1.6, it had a fortune spent on it and it wasnt even a 1.6 when it was finished, realistically, with it staying a 1.6 and most of the stock components/ without serious development work done by experts and mucho ££££££££££££s spent, 150Hp is more realistic, possibly 160 (on straight diesel) - if you started with a 2.0L TDCI you could have 170Hp with just a remap (otherwise bog stock), and more potential if you want to do more - i would seriously consider starting with a 2.0L - it wold probably be cheaper/ faster (with more power/torque) / more reliable

I would really like to see an ST225 replica with a powerful/ quick 2.0L diesel engine in it

• Like 2

Will do Lenny :-) and I agree foca but I've done the 2litre tdci route 210 Bhp and 330 lb ft but was going for power to weight ratios and with Diesel engines being inherently heavier was going down this route to a get less of that heavy nose feel I had with my golf(sorry for swearing )

• Like 1

Definitely a convert to the focus though I think the chassis is far more involving and one of the few cars built you can still work on yourself

6k+ miles on my EGR blanked 1.6 TDCI 2010 no probs regarding EGR or engine.

nice one - its good to get positive feedback about solid plates

There is someone who has got 230Hp/300+ft-lbs out of the PSA 1.6, it had a fortune spent on it and it wasnt even a 1.6 when it was finished, realistically, with it staying a 1.6 and most of the stock components/ without serious development work done by experts and mucho ££££££££££££s spent, 150Hp is more realistic, possibly 160 (on straight diesel) - if you started with a 2.0L TDCI you could have 170Hp with just a remap (otherwise bog stock), and more potential if you want to do more - i would seriously consider starting with a 2.0L - it wold probably be cheaper/ faster (with more power/torque) / more reliable

I would really like to see an ST225 replica with a powerful/ quick 2.0L diesel engine in it

Call it the ford focus STD, Sexually Turbo-Charged Diesel

• Like 2

Yeah I read the thread on the 250bhp one but it was on a fiesta and was the 90hp originally so some cost went on the boost sensor the 110 focus injectors etc here I can save money because I'm starting with the 110 the gear box on mine is stronger than the mk6 fiesta etc so shouldn't be as expensive plus he went for a ridiculous turbo which must've had some serious lag his pump needed uprating etc. I think it should be possible with a decent intercooler hybrid turbo rated to about 23psi 180hp with a decent SS exhaust fast road cams and other bits and bobs ... Erm I see what ya mean the list keeps getting longer but where's the fun it going the easy route. Any hobby costs money so might as well spend it on the car than my liver on a Saturday night :-)

• Like 1

Yeah I read the thread on the 250bhp one but it was on a fiesta and was the 90hp originally so some cost went on the boost sensor the 110 focus injectors etc here I can save money because I'm starting with the 110 the gear box on mine is stronger than the mk6 fiesta etc so shouldn't be as expensive plus he went for a ridiculous turbo which must've had some serious lag his pump needed uprating etc. I think it should be possible with a decent intercooler hybrid turbo rated to about 23psi 180hp with a decent SS exhaust fast road cams and other bits and bobs ... Erm I see what ya mean the list keeps getting longer but where's the fun it going the easy route. Any hobby costs money so might as well spend it on the car than my liver on a Saturday night :-)

Bravo for wanting to go further than the "standard" mods - but imaging you started off with a Focus 2.0L TDCI - stick a Blufin remap on and you have 176Hp 387Nm, whith no other mods,(just the map) -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/Focus20tdci136.pdf

then, with the same amount of money/ effort you were going to spend on the 1.6, you could have something properly quick/ but still reliable/ economical and probably for less cost than the 1.6 (and ultimately with more potential)

the extra capacity makes a difference, the gearbox is tougher,and with 176Hp/ 387Nm with just the remap, an EGR delete, a DPF removal and a decat, a better flowing exhaust, (mabee 2-1/2" system) and some inlet mods should bring that figure up a bit - and thats with stock injectors/ engine internals/ turbo etc

on the road / with that much torque, its not going to be far behind an ST225 - but with 40/50mpg instead of 20mpg!

Engine modifications/ rebuilds like cams/ pistons are very expensive, and turbo-diesels respond better to remaps, turbo and injector mods - the internal engine mods would be the "last resort"

Im just giving you the benifit of my experience - how far are you going to go with the 1.6 before you wished you had started with a 2.0?

Completely agree mate and appreciate the comments but like I said I've done the 2 litres and the v6s and I'm only wanting to go 170bhp and leave it there maybe improve reliability or braking, handling and have a lighter car than my previous ones with the bigger lumps. I imagine the 1.6 tdci with 170hp would be quicker than the remapped 2.0litre with just a remap not to mention cornering etc. it's just a challenge I've set myself just to see what is possible if ford were to really go for it

Ive been told by a DPF removal place that my EGR cant be blanked because it's completely controlled by the ECU and blanking would put it into limp mode.

The guy looked at it whilst it was having a warranty repair done. He said the EGR can be deleted from the ECU though which is what I will have done when I get the DPF deleted. Never mind, I can wait......

Where did you go ? I'd go somewhere else who may know more. I had mine deleted when I had the Dpf removed all as one price. But I know guys who have just had the blank with no remap and it's perfectly fine. No limp mode nothing. The place I went I read about on here first and they were as good as their word. The car runs great. Either way you go remap of not you still need to blank the egr. Because of the added boost mine was being forced open and causing dead spots. All sorted and drives better than ever since the plate. I've now ordered the BG244 which is great for removing the carbon the dreaded egr will have put there

Where did you go ? I'd go somewhere else who may know more. I had mine deleted when I had the Dpf removed all as one price. But I know guys who have just had the blank with no remap and it's perfectly fine. No limp mode nothing. The place I went I read about on here first and they were as good as their word. The car runs great. Either way you go remap of not you still need to blank the egr. Because of the added boost mine was being forced open and causing dead spots. All sorted and drives better than ever since the plate. I've now ordered the BG244 which is great for removing the carbon the dreaded egr will have put there

The owner of the place my car is being looked at rang me to say my car is ready. I enquired about him fittingthe blank for me while they had it. He said he had spoken to his DPF guy and it his recommendation that it would throw a wobbly!

@lenny

I completely agree with you mate. I'm only relaying what I was told from a "professional" but I think i'm going to fit it anyway as you have done so with no probs whatsoever! Maybe he said it because he knew I was having the DPF removed in the new year so didnt see the point??? Maybe he was just being cautious and didnt want to be held responsible.... who knows??

Even after the Dpf work I did mine myself and I can still tell a difference even though I've had it remapped. 20minute job with the Guide Lenny posted and the blanks are less than a fiver for the stainless steel ones from eBay. Some garages tell you it's not required after the delete because they're actuated rather than a spring lever but they still pass under boost as I discovered with mine

The thread is a 230Hp one, not 250 - it is estimated it had £10k+ spent on it, the owner will not say how much was spent

You would be doing well to get 150Hp out of it without spending a lot of money,(it would be difficult/ expensive to get much more) the 2.0 can make 176Hp/387Nm, with just a map, (no other modifications) - it would have very little turbo lag, a good spread of power, and decent reliability - its a "no-brainer"

Completely agree mate and appreciate the comments but like I said I've done the 2 litres and the v6s and I'm only wanting to go 170bhp and leave it there maybe improve reliability or braking, handling and have a lighter car than my previous ones with the bigger lumps. I imagine the 1.6 tdci with 170hp would be quicker than the remapped 2.0litre with just a remap not to mention cornering etc. it's just a challenge I've set myself just to see what is possible if ford were to really go for it

The 2.0L Focus TDCI is about the same weight as the 1.6L,(so the 1.6L would not be quicker with the same power as the 2.0L) the handling will be similar (its basically the same car exept the 2.0L has a larger capacity engine with more power/ torque, and a 6-speed "box and rear wheel discs) to get as much power & torque out of the 1.6L as a remapped 2.0L would require a lot of work/ money spent, never mind the cost of making the gearbox strong enough or doing a 6-speed conversion or a rear disc conversion, the 2.0L has more ultimate tuning potential and would be cheaper to take up to the same power and would have more power (than the 1.6) with the same money spent as the 1.6L

BG244 or anything you put in the tank can only clean the fuel system, injectors, and possibly the combustion chamber/ exhaust, it cannot clean the EGR valve, inlet manifold etc, that gets "coked up" with the deposits from the EGR, and can get choked up over time,, spray in cleaners are also no use, (or of limited value)

to clean the inlet manifold of carbon deposits you need to take it off and do it properly

I just wanted to set the record straight - many people read these threads and imagine the information to be correct, my comments are just my opinions too, but i have years of experience working on projects similar to this - its different doing it yourself to reading about what others have done

I never said it would clean the egr I said it would clean the carbon that the egr helped put there. I'm not that stupid :-) the egr has emission through it so of course by then the additive has been used. If I was wanting to clean my egr I would use egr cleaner but I can't see the point when it's been deleted and blanked off

And to clarify how can the exact same car with rear disc and a addition. 400cc weigh the same ? I'm pretty sure it must be lighter ?

The all round disks bothers me a little when I have rear drums but the majority of braking is with the front,anything between 70/30 upto 90/10 distribution dependent on load and passengers etc. i can't keep repeating myself, I appreciated your opinion on your choice of going down the 2.0litre but that's upto you,

I was wanting to something different.

There's been a few projects previously done with the fiesta and one was 230 but another did 250 which was more recent and the engine stayed a 1.6 because the sleeves and bore wouldn't fit with the spare space on the block.

@lenny, blurredfocus and foca

Wish I had all of your car knowledge combined! :(

It will come with time I guess....

Ha ha just healthy heated debate :-) at least we can all agree that modding is a passion... I hope :-/ I've been in engineering since I left school all too long ago now but I'm still learning I'm sure you know lots I don't. But that's the beauty of a forum like this that experience and opinions can all be different and you can learn from it all and then go your own way with it. :-)

Haha! True, very true!

I'm a 35 year old electrician but when I read the various posts you guys put up and the knowledge they contain, makes me feel like an apprentice all over again! LOL

Its all good stuff! Keep it comin. :)

• Like 1

Ha ha I'm a qualified sparky too it's one of my trades I had to be multi skilled over the years. The only difference between us mate is I'm now a engineering 'consultant' for the government which basically means I tell them how to do things and they do what they like :-/ so I have way too much spare time to read and research and an ipad :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club