Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horn Blowing Continuously Unless Ignition On 2Nd Click Or Engine On.

emmylou542

Horn suddenly blowing continuously unless key in ignition on 2 nd click or engine on???? Took Horn fuse out but need solution!

Might be a lose screw inside the steering wheel making the connection, happened to me once

sounds more like the alarm to me are you sure it isnt i know its stating the obviuos

Been to garage today and they put it on computer and all they could suggest was to take out alarm fuse. .... There isn't one from what I can see! The alarm did go off on the afternoon before the horn started in the evening-it had a funny five minutes with the heated windscreens etc and petrol left computer etc going bananas but they were rectified by taking the battery off-put horn fuse back in and it was ok for an hour then it started again-very loud! I just don't understand how it turns off with the ignition?

the alarm uses the horn sounder i think what you describe is what happens when the car is locked and alarm activated if you open the door with the key and not a remote then the alarm goes off till you put the key in the ignition and switch ignition to pos 2 which is what this sounds like

Yeh exactly like that-but why lol? Garage was !Removed! useless and now I'm stuck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Does the horn and alarm noise come from the same place? Sorry but im bit useless with all this-it's 09 Focus zetec S

why i can only assume that youre using the key to open the door if not theres an electrical fault somewhere that will have to be traced does the interior light switch off if not a door sensors faulty the boot sensor could be faulty or theres water got into the electrics youll need daylight to see but it looks like youll have to get an auto electrician at it

The alarm has it's own horn, the module is up under the front scuttle against the firewall bulkhead.

I'd say water in the fusebox or a bad earth but seeing how bad the weather has been I'd be more inclined to say water ingress.

If you manually unlock your car using the key blade rather than remote unlocking then the car will beep and then sound the alarm until the key is in the ignition and at II thus interrogating the key and verifying that the correct PATS transponder is present.

I'm using the remote to open and lock. I've looked at the fuse boxes and they seem dry-I was thinking it would be a rain getting in somewhere problem-maybe? I'm sorry but I don't know what bulkhead etc is lol-im living up to being a blonde woman! :wacko:

The firewall bulkhead is the panel between the engine and your footwell.

I still suspect water somewhere or even a rusty earth point somewhere.

Give a couple of car electricians in your area a call to see how much they would charge to have a look for you.

Ok I'll do that, hope it's not gonna be expensive! Do you think the fact my drive is quite steep and car is spending a lot of time at an angle is possibly adding to the possible water ingress? :blink:

I do get water in the floor on the drivers side and depending which way the car is parked it can be at the front or rear........

theres youre answer until you get the leak found and fixed youll have these issues and worse the car will stink the windows will mist badly and it will kill the electrics one by one

Bugger! It's been ok through this !Removed! weather so I figured it had rectified itself but maybe I've just had my head in the sand! Time for some detective work!

sadly not it wont fix itself just get worse im afraid then issues like this happen first you need to determine if its from the front or the rear

I think it's coming from the front as under the carpet is wet but pooling in the back as its on the drive with front end up-I cant see where it's coming in tho it all feels dry around steering column bar thingy near pedals-I always get a lot of water drain out of the door when I open it but I've never seen tell tale drippers inside. ..... .aghhhhh infuriating! Is there a classic focus leaking place? My other half has a mk 1 focus and it's literally peeing in passenger side but it's obvious where that's coming in as you can see it clearly up the side of the central column.

for the focus youre looking at a faulty window seal bulkhead sealant missing under the front scuttle panel blocked preventing water draining there shouldnt be that much water draining from the door i barely get any to be honest so it could be coming in through the door skin ide start by checking under the scuttle panel which involves removing a few clips and the wiper arms just make sure its seated up under the window like it should when refiting giving the front drivers footwell has electronics and various junctions its likely effecting the electrics pass side may be wet under the carpet also