Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Vs Vaux**ll.... (Sorry About The Swearing)

jamesm182

First of all sorry about all the swearing on this post I know vauxh**l is an offensive word on here :P

OK so I must point out first of all that I am NOT a great vauxh**l fan. I've just never liked them. I think my dislike dates back to the hideous dash plastics they used to use back in the 90's and early 2000's. I mean, what was going on the the MK1 Vectra and the MK4 Astra!?

So what I'm really trying to say is, there is obviously a lot of hatred for the vauxh**l brand in this club.

Is it just a rivalry thing like Samsung/Apple or rival football clubs etc?

Is it just an us vs them situation?

What makes you like/dislike vauxh**l so much?

What are your thoughts??

They're easy to steal......one of my younger brothers got an old corsa recently and on the same day someone almost stole it. Turns out all you have to do is take the hazard light switch out, turn it upside down and put it back in and press. This causes a short in the ecu and turns the ignition on! All you have to do then is get the steering lock off and jump start it! If they hadn't have been disturbed they would have got away with it ;)

• Like 1

Weeeell I had a derv corsa for 6 years until September and it never let me down once - twas a reliable car did 48mpg and was cheap to run. I think the whole branding of corsa drivers as chavvy bad drivers is a bit extreme but Some people love their car brands like football fans love their football teams so fair play. That was the only Vauxhall I've owned, wouldn't say I'd buy another, they're current offerings don't inspire me at all . Might post some pics just to wind people up :lol:

Weeeell I had a derv corsa for 6 years until September and it never let me down once - twas a reliable car did 48mpg and was cheap to run. I think the whole branding of corsa drivers as chavvy bad drivers is a bit extreme but Some people love their car brands like football fans love their football teams so fair play. That was the only Vauxhall I've owned, wouldn't say I'd buy another, they're current offerings don't inspire me at all . Might post some pics just to wind people up :lol:

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I think 'uninspiring' is quite a good description of their current range! :lol:

My old boy was trying to get me to buy an insignia, when I was looking for a new focus (actually wanted a Mondeo but a bit too pricey as I wouldn't settle for anything less than a titanium x sport) "because they look good value", I said "they look rubbish" (well language was a bit stronger than that) I told him right where to get off!

For me its the chavs who drive them like they are king of the road, cutting you up blatantly ignoring you and not acknowledging there screwup...

As well as that the original corsa that somehow has lasted to today are mostly rusted, rotten or held together with chewing gum and cable ties.these are the most unloved creatures of the road and In my personal experience, I have never met someone who drives a corsa and isn't a fist. Sorry I lie, I met two people.

Anyways that's why I can't stand them. Chavvy looking newly licensed boy racer sacks of metal waste that rot their sorrowful lives away into a pile of misery and waste of road tax...

Beyond the old cars,the new ones don't seem as disgusting but it is related to the old model so its got a lot to do to earn respect.

Beyond that, I don't mind Vauxhall as a general make, but sadly corsa is its reputation destruction....

• Like 1

They're easy to steal......one of my younger brothers got an old corsa recently and on the same day someone almost stole it. Turns out all you have to do is take the hazard light switch out, turn it upside down and put it back in and press. This causes a short in the ecu and turns the ignition on! All you have to do then is get the steering lock off and jump start it! If they hadn't have been disturbed they would have got away with it ;)

Sorry

Just following your instruction,

Turning the hazard switch upside down and press

Starts the engine,

Snapping the steering lock,

Then why do I need to jump start it,

If the initial plan works?

All I want is the name of the person who disturbed the kind Vauxhall destruction team :)

Tell your brother Lenny says buy a focus ;)

• Like 2

My Dad and my Brother seem to like them, but having driven those myself I just didn't like them. The old Vectra was slow and cumbersome in comparison to my Mondeo at the time. My Dad had a Cavalier years ago when I had an XR3i. I hated driving that Cavalier. It was a nearly new car but it was so slow.

I was looking at a BMW a few weeks ago in a dealers and next to it was an Astra VXR. I nearly had a fit when my Wife said that looks nice, can we test drive it. It was the awful looking interior that really put me off. There is no way that I could live with it.

A friend of mine has a new Insignia and sometimes gives me a lift from the station. Its a diesel auto SRi something or other. Nice spec, quite nice interior, pretty powerful, comfortable, but it is such an ugly looking beast of a thing.

Give me a Ford any day.

• Like 2

I've personally nearly wrecked four Vaux##ll's in my time and wish I could get at more of the horrible things.

First one was crashed into railings, second one got stuck on the Armco barrier on a motorway during a pursuit, one threw a cambelt after only 30k miles and last one has collapsed suspension.

Good riddance to them all I say.

Unfortunately D&C Police are now buying Astras to replace their fleet of Focus, more fools them.

Thankfully I recently moved to a 60 plate unmarked Focus MK2.5 with low mileage so should be able to hang onto it until it reaches 150k and by then hopefully sense will prevail.

Long live Ford.

Down with Vaux##ll.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I have had 4 Astra Estates (07+), found them to be very compact and timid. The front section used to do my head in, barely any room and both driver and passenger seat were on top of one another. I like my space and I like an arm rest.

Have also spent time in a '07 Vectra, space was the only pro for me. The nail in the coffin was when crossing a busy junction in rush hour, with customers, the steering wheel locked and caused me to mount a kerb. It only had 60thou on the clock and was regularly serviced.

Funnily enough this evening I had a run in with a young lad in a new shape Corsa. When entering the tunnel he flew up my backside, then he would repeatedly drop off and fly up behind me again. After I shown him my break lights, he undertook and decided to do it to a tranny van, only this time revving his engine to show off his loud exhaust.

Needless to say I gave him a w***** hand gesture at the toll.

• Like 1

never understood this anti vauxhall stance...far worse makes out there

i deal with a large number of fords/vauxhalls in all their guises, have done for many years.

lets just say i meet the ford owners far more than i do the vauxhall as has been the case throughout, plus ford owners tend to have to dig far deeper into their pockets..

just saying

• Like 1

Sorry

Just following your instruction,

Turning the hazard switch upside down and press

Starts the engine,

Snapping the steering lock,

Then why do I need to jump start it,

If the initial plan works?

All I want is the name of the person who disturbed the kind Vauxhall destruction team :)

Tell your brother Lenny says buy a focus ;)

Sorry, should have explained it better..... its essentially the same as turning the ignition to the on position and no further, hence the reason to bump start

I agree with 'uninspiring', very apt.

Never got the feeling that vauxhall actually care about making nice cars. The interior of the latest corsa is just shocking, just a horrible place to be.

Whereas the new fiesta has an interesting soft touch dash, and more importantly comfy seats - corsa ones are rock solid.

Guy across from me bought a brand new insignia last year, and had endless trouble with the air con, vauxhall couldnt fix it, he ended up selling just 6 months later - customer service was shocking.

i was quite fond of my 'Chicken with a stick' had it 5+ years excellent car would have cost me about a grand to keep her going another 5 although mostly comsetic stuff, so the mrs p'xed it for a punto which i p'xed for the focus only because i couldnt stretch to the new shape astra lol

But yes the chavs do let them down fog lights in the day turbo badges on n/a 1.2's etc

Guy across from me bought a brand new insignia last year, and had endless trouble with the air con, vauxhall couldnt fix it, he ended up selling just 6 months later - customer service was shocking.

Ouch, the depreciation.

• Like 1

In between , my Mk1.5 and mk2.5 Focus , i'm sorry to say i had a 1.8 Astra Design :( , wife sent me mad at the time for one. TBH in the 5 years i had it , it never let me down once apart from broken suspension , which was my fault for over loading it with slabs haha.

When i looked at the Mk2.5 Focus she was still moaning not wanting me to get a Focus , but i made sure i had it , and when i decided on a new Focus , i never even told her haha , i just found it and went and brought it while she was at work :).

Wife had a Corsa once that was a pile of !Removed!! , she moved onto a Nissan Micra and now i have her firmly in the Ford Fiesta , which she love's.

Ford all the way for me :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

i HAD a corsa..... W reg.....red.....old....boring.....

Needless to say I am very happy thats in the past !!! Haha

haha, well at least your back to the land of the sane! :)

Just saw this beauty whilst out and about today! Haha

post-45890-138400591589_thumb.jpg

post-45890-138400592888_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

The sad thing is, I bet he thinks those wheels look good :D

not half as sad as this sites obsession with bitching about corsas/vauxhalls and their drivers.....weird