Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Vs Vaux**ll.... (Sorry About The Swearing)

jamesm182

think ive got it now.....they say buying a car is usually the 2nd biggest purchase you'll ever make.

i can see now that its a bit of male bonding going on to convince each other you made the right decision in buying fords......but deep down your all wondering if you really should have bought vauxhalls

im a big believer in thinking positive, so carry on :D

all french cars electrics are a nightmare....think its one of the main reasons in binning concorde...they didnt trust the french involvement in the design/development :D

• Like 1

Then there's Fiat.

Dodgy electrics - their 'city steering' button didn't work that well, caused the whole PAS to fail on our Punto (from years ago)

Dubious build quality - Again the Punto

Ugly looks - that Fiat 500xl thing

But they did have quite good standard stereos - for old cars :)

My 17 year old self many moons ago really wanted a blue fiat punto as my first car... I eventually saw the light , unfortunately 'the light' turned out to be a dodgy French car with horrendous electric issues.... I can only thank the white van man who wrote that off for me ! he he he

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

just find it odd slagging off a rival maker on a forum full to the brim of moans/problems/bad service/bad design etc etc of a supposedly superior make/company
At least my opinion of Vauxhall is based on personal experience, rather than simply jumping on a bandwagon of hate. There's nothing odd about it - I'm merely responding to a thread on a given subject. I would have had opinions to voice in a thread about Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Vauxhall, Rover, Peugeot... with the exception of the Rover 414 I once owned, none would have been as bad as my experience with Vauxhall.
  • Like 1

My passion is based on first hand experience of the drivers, and second hand of family and friends making mistakes! lol

One of my mates, he is a special constable, and drives a diesel Vectra. He has had nothing but constant problems with it, have no idea why he just doesn't get rid of it. (Apparently the 1.9L Fiat unit in them is shockingly bad from what I've heard.)

I think the only engine worth having in a Vauxhall is the 2.2, anything else is pretty unsteady?

I was leant a C***a from my work to go to B&Q & back, I knew the roads quite well & was pooping my pant all the time as it felt like the suspension wasn't attached to the car, steering was very numb too, not an experience I would to have again. I also owned a 'N' reg one, pretty average car, never top of its class in any department, traded it in for 1.7 Puma after engine problems

Ford Focus Zetec 1.0T (125 BHP), extras Zetec-S wheels and privacy glass (free from Ford), rear parking sensors, colour: Dark Micastone

Tbh unless you go for the VXR spec it wouldn't be any good.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

I don't think corsa's (especially the basic versions) have ever been that great handling wise. Ford seem to have got most of their range pretty spot on in recent years. Not saying all their cars are perfect but they always seem to get good praise about the way they handle!

Do you think this guy is just dreaming with the ultimate green paint job!!?? :lol:

post-45890-0-69217100-1384769851_thumb.j

No the 1.8tdci and 2.0tdci are ford engines

The 2.0 TDCi is a PSA engine. (Peugeot/Citroen). The one in my Focus is the DW10C, same as in the 308/RCZ, etc.

I did see a young corsa driver the other day, had his cap on sideways and everything, did make me laugh.

We have had a "new shape" corsa rental recently on holiday, gutless after about 2.5k, tipped about and brakes didn't inspire much confidence. Interior plastics were nasty, the only worse rental car we had been in was the Kia. A Kia is pointless in the Canary islands, it can't get up the damn hills and the air con is useless.

Ford's aren't perfect but they definitely seem to be better drivers cars.

There is a reason Ford are the only brand to have two nameplates among the global top five best-sellers:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/index.php/news/ford-focus-maintains-position-as-best-selling-nameplate-globally

• Like 1

They're easy to steal......one of my younger brothers got an old corsa recently and on the same day someone almost stole it. Turns out all you have to do is take the hazard light switch out, turn it upside down and put it back in and press. This causes a short in the ecu and turns the ignition on! All you have to do then is get the steering lock off and jump start it! If they hadn't have been disturbed they would have got away with it ;)

Im not sure its a good idea letting folk know this,if they dont know it already

Im not sure its a good idea letting folk know this,if they dont know it already

At least it may rid the country of old Corsa B's! Can't say I would be that upset! :lol:

The other day I saw a chav Corsa driver next to a BMW M3 coupe owner (both at the front, stopped at the lights), and the corsa driver was becoming restless, and literally begging the BMW driver for a mini-race. The BMW driver acknowledged, and also nudged forward. Once the lights went green, the BMW driver just took off at normal pace, leaving the Corsa driver looking like a right prat for almost red-lining it in his crap-box. (Complete with a bad exhaust and ugly rims.) :)

All Corsa's suffer from vehicular thrombosis (a dangerous clot between the steering wheel and seat).

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone ever heard of the rivalry in Australia between Ford and Holden (their version of Vaux***l)? That is proper brand loyalty and they really don't like owners of the opposing brand!

My sister is on her second Corsa after the first one was run in the back of by a chav in an Astra (ironically!). She doesn't have any clue about cars and doesn't really care what she drives - her requirements for a car were bascially that it came in a bright colour and could handle her 60 mile/day commute. She got a massive discount on it and liked it's lifetime waranty, something which Ford quite couldn't match.

Personally, I think it's a grotesque little rot box with a teeny, rattly engine, poorly built and really archaic when compared to the Fiesta. I did try to persuade her into going for a Fiesta (which my parents have and adore), but there's no helping some people!!