• Super Mod
  • 17,371 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi guys,

So were just switching suppliers of gas but when we moved in we got stuck with a prepayment meter. Just swapping from southern electric to Scottish power. They haven't sent me a gas card yet and I don't want to stick money on the card to lose it when I get swapped over.

Is the card meant for the meter and not the supplier? Or if I put a tenner on the card now and I confirm movement tomorrow will I lose that tenner?

Ta

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi guys,

So were just switching suppliers of gas but when we moved in we got stuck with a prepayment meter. Just swapping from southern electric to Scottish power. They haven't sent me a gas card yet and I don't want to stick money on the card to lose it when I get swapped over.

Is the card meant for the meter and not the supplier? Or if I put a tenner on the card now and I confirm movement tomorrow will I lose that tenner?

Ta

If you put a tenner on your old card and put it into your meter you shouldn't lose it. If you do lose the money once your new card comes phone them up and tell them you had to top up your old card just until your new card came and it's cleared it and they'll refund it

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,371 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Cheers Dan much appreciated :-)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users