Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S With Rs Bonnet Vents??..?

Belfast_man1986

New member my first post and it's regarding my zetec s well it's a 5 door and I'm just wanting advice? Would bonnet vents look stupid on it because it's 5 door? It's white with tinted windows with white RS alloyspost-48042-0-17207400-1383771553_thumb.j

no it wont, i've already done it to my Focus style with zetec s front bumper (now ST bumper)

• Like 1

Wow!! I'm impressed! Iv only started on my zetec s project RS, 1 question what's the it sound like? A diesel with a milltec exhuast I wana hear it lol

Wow!! I'm impressed! Iv only started on my zetec s project RS, 1 question what's the it sound like? A diesel with a milltec exhuast I wana hear it lol

David, as mines a diesel there's no real exhaust sound produced that will excite you and its only the Milltek tips that i had mated to my exhaust system. The tips have been repaced by stainless steel ones as i got bored of the black ones.

Is your car petrol or diesel? If its a petrol then upgrade the exhaust to any brand and you'll love the sound. My previous car, a Leon Cupra was decatted and the system was from the turbo and it sounded awesome with lots of pops and bangs! I miss the sound i tell you.

Welcome, i am new here also :)

Welcome to the forum Elias.

Nice car there mate, and welcome to the forum...always nice having another from this side of the pond!

Sal's your man for advice on fitting the vents...and removal if need be! :lol: Would you keep them black or colour code them white?

Any pics with the RS wheels fitted by the way, are they 18s or 19s?

• Like 1

Just having them fitted tomorrow, was thinking of colour coding them white cuz I don't think they'd look as good black were they will really stand out, it's ok on an actual RS but I'm not gona be turning this into a replica, just a few things here n there to give it that sporty look, gona get eibachs 30mm as well, and I'm really confused as to who I should use to remap and remove DPF? There's black code who does it for 750 quid then there's midland remaps who do it for 350 quid? I'm thinking is black code just really expensive or is midland gona do a half job???

Oh and they are 18s, they are also white

Nice car there mate, and welcome to the forum...always nice having another from this side of the pond!

Sal's your man for advice on fitting the vents...and removal if need be! :lol: Would you keep them black or colour code them white?

Any pics with the RS wheels fitted by the way, are they 18s or 19s?

thanks Gary :lol:

David, see if you can reviews on both the remap companies as the price difference is huge.

White wheels would look good but also think about other colours that would stand out with your car like anthracite.

You's know if a k&n filter induction kit is worth getting? Considering my car is diesel?

Sal, still one of the bravest/maddest things I've heard when you were attacking your bonnet with a chisel! In saying that, it was probably a walk in the park compared to havin the cojones to cut the bonnet yourself in the first place! Crackin end result though.

David, I've no experience with either of those crowds to be honest. Have heard the black code guys mentioned on the RMS forum, might be an idea to ask on there for more local experience/opinions. I've been in touch with OBD auto-tune recently and a trip to them is def on the shopping list. They do an RMS member discount as well, so only £200 for a map on my 2.0 TDCi. Luckily enough I've no DPF on mine, so not sure how much extra they would be to delete that.

£750 seems a bit steep to me, but I'm a cheapskate! I'd be wanting a custom exhaust thrown in for that!

Lenny got his DPF removed by a crowd way down south...crackin job as they refitted the unit itself but it's redundant, so you get all the benefits but it looks like it's still there to the naked (aka MOT tester's!) eye.

What size is your TDCi anyway? Would be keen to hear your first hand experience if it's a 2.0 if/when you get it mapped.

Plans sound good anyway...I think black bits on a white car always look good if you ever fancied goin down that route - black wheels, wing mirrors, grilles, vents, diffuser etc, but looking forward to seeing the white wheels fitted.

Up in the big smoke myself today and tomorrow, so will keep an eye out when I'm on the road! ;)

As for induction by the way...I think an upgraded air filter rather than an induction kit is the best recommendation on our diesels. Lenny went with a Green Cotton one and spoke very highly of it, I'm sure he has a fitting guide and review on here somewhere. I've a Pipercross panel filter myself in my pre-facelift and have no complaints with it at all.

• Like 1

As for induction by the way...I think an upgraded air filter rather than an induction kit is the best recommendation on our diesels. Lenny went with a Green Cotton one and spoke very highly of it, I'm sure he has a fitting guide and review on here somewhere. I've a Pipercross panel filter myself in my pre-facelift and have no complaints with it at all.

Thanks Gary,

If anyone's interested in purchasing a Green Cotton Performance Induction filter,

Click on my Aviator picture,

This will bring you to my profile where you will see a list of links to my guides,

Click on the cotton induction guide,

In the guide there is a link to purchase from priracing aswell as a 10% forum discount code.

• Like 1

Good man Lenny, nice to know that fountain of knowledge is still easily accessible!

• Like 1

Also regarding dpf removal,

In some cases of NCT they do a visual inspection to see if the dpf is present,

Most company's offering dpf removal just cut off the dpf and fit a straight pipe,

This can fail future tests if all testers bring in visual inspection,

Ive had my dpf cut open on its factory weld,

Internals removed,

And the chamber weld back up on the factory joint,

Never tell it was touched,

The guys at MFKautocare in Delvin co.Meath do a great job via apoinment of course and will do it while you wait,

I traveled up from Wexford to have the guys work on the focus,

I highly recommend there work and only cost me 395 euro

http://www.mfkautocare.com/dpf-removal/

Here's my build thread,

As you can see in the video there's no smoke

See link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2013/page-19

Good man Lenny, nice to know that fountain of knowledge is still easily accessible!

:) thanks Gary,

I thought Id put the list on my profile page instead of signature,

This way its viewable by non members searching via Google aswell as the fellow members,

I'm finished with the blue oval now though,

Focused on the new project :lol: she's some crack 6 speed LSD and redlines at 9,000rpm roll on February 14th till I get her rolling on the road.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/48340-snagglepuss-build-thread-lennys-new-whip/

Ah that's right, it was up in Meath you went for that...had in my head that it was down your neck of the woods. Delvin less than a couple of hours from Belfast so could be an option for David to inquire about.

Good thinkin on the guide links, helpful as always. Have had a read of your new thread a couple of times as well, will drop a comment on there or send a PM.

• Like 1

Sitting here waiting on my focus getting DPF remove and remap, so far they've found my ecu case was cracked so getting that replaced, and a fault code on one of the sensors

• Like 1

Sitting here waiting on my focus getting DPF remove and remap, so far they've found my ecu case was cracked so getting that replaced, and a fault code on one of the sensors

Why are they taking out the ECU,

It can be done through the OBD,

If the casings are expensive surely it can be filled and smoothed with resin,

If they are expensive to replace, request to bring the broken one home for repair and stick it on eBay when repaired.

Don't let them saddle you mate,

Hope you only feel the difference in performance and not in the pocket aswell,

Also your dpf will be ceramic so no plumbing or draining of fluids involved encase they try charge for that too ;)

I recommend blanking the egr after this for maximum results.

• Like 1

Jeez ye don't hang about buddy! Looking forward to the results! Who did you go for in the end then? Are you getting rolling road before and after figures or anything to see the gains?

• Like 1

Well the focus is like a petrol now it's very quick off the mark must say remapping makes some difference! They had to take out the ecu as models above 2010 are not remapping friendly seems they don't want to make it easy for people to remap there cars? Engine management light came on today, amber engine light, got worried but apparently it's just a sensor that the guy told me about yesterday so probably have to pay about £100 to replace it, so much money!! Oh and my MPG has gone up to 59mpg so would recommend the DPF removal, starting to get worried about the remap I don't no why I just keep thinking what if my engine is under a lot of pressure and my turbo, tho the guy told me turbos for my focus rant that expensive? Less than 300?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club