Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max Towbar

flashkash

newbie here looking for help.

I recently purchased a 2010 S-Max Zetec Diesel from a Ford dealership. It has what appears to be some part of a tow bar system already in place but the actual end towbar components and electric point is missing.

I'd like to be able to use a flange towbar for putting a bike carrier onto the car. Can anyone advise on where I might be able to locate the missing pieces and get them fitted or do I need to remove the bits that are there and start from scratch?

I've attached a picture here of the parts in question.

Many thanks in advance

post-48045-0-89136600-1383780256_thumb.j

That looks like the bracket for a swan neck tow bar to be honest but you may be able to get an adapter to go to flange. Unless you already have the cycle carrier though most new ones fit straight on the ball so flange bars are slowly becoming obsolete. Seems strange that you would have that part of the bar without the electrics etc. I would have a look under the car and see if you can identify the make of the towbar. You could then try and contact the manufacturer for spares. With regards to the eletrics, firstly check under the bumper to see if it is already in place. Sometimes on detachable towbars the electrics pivot up on a hinge and hide away behind the bumper. If not then any reputable towbar company or dealer should be able to install electrics for you no problem!

• Like 1

Thanks James - I will investigate. I already have the cycle carrier and the way it works requires a solid plate behind the ball itself so a swan neck wouldn't work. Having said that, if I can get a swan neck fitted cheaply I will change to another bike carrier!

pay a visit to your local indy tow bar fitter,and see what they can advise.

then see whats on line.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club