Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Door Seal Problems

david295

When I got my car the drivers door seal was peeling off, Fords fixed this with some kind of glue.

Now 3 months later its off again and is letting water into my car and causing windows to steam up due to the damp, also passenger door is now starting to peel away.

I today went in to Village motors in Wallasey to get it repaired under warranty, it was booked in for Thursday morning the 7th November.

However Village motors phoned me at 4pm and said they can not fix it under warranty as that part is only a 12 month warranty.

They did tell me Fords have issued a bulletin stating the original glue they used in the factory was not up to the job and is useless, and Fords have issued and started using a new glue for the door seals.

And If I want it fixing I have to pay.

So Fords admit the glue they used in factory is not up to the job, but if seal fails they wipe there hands of it, and make customer pay.

I will give Fords 1 last chance to replace the door seals, as they can not fix them due to the mess they made when fixing it when I 1st got my car.

I have emailed the C.E.O Mark Ovenden. I await his response.

I would like to see TSB 59/2008 if any one has it, or can get me a copy please.

Sounds like you have every right to kick up a fuss. You would think the dealer would sort it if they couldn't fix the problem in the first place only a few months ago!

I think this may be the cause of my windows steaming up, and is defo the cause of damp carpet behind drivers seat.

post-33307-0-83299400-1383819159_thumb.j

post-33307-0-53889800-1383819166_thumb.j

post-33307-0-53540100-1383819183_thumb.j

Thank you.

It has been looked at today, and they say they can not get the glue off that fords used on the botched repair without damaging the paint.

Thanks to inath, for the TSB, I have just ordered the new mastic For door seal £31.25

I have also ordered the full new door seal (weather strip) £42.48.

Does any one know how many of the clips I need the black and also white ones, and also where I can get the applicator gun for the mastic.

post-33307-0-43285500-1383911240_thumb.j

Oh bugger, looks like I will just have to make some contraption to do same job, no way am I paying that price.

As far as i can tell its a 2 part mastic and it needs to be mixed as its applied.

I wonder if this will work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIP-Power-Mix-Applicator-Gun-Applicator-Gun-Applicator-Gun-Adhesives-Epoxies-/310355893562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4842a71d3a

Hang on, why are you paying when the car's still under warranty?! Stand your ground with the dealer and log it with Ford.

Fords say they want the car for 1 day, they will not give me courtesy car, so am stuck as i need my car for work, am told they wont do it under warranty.

They told me the same thing but I got it done, twice! Ford have admitted it's THEIR fault, it's in black & white.

Even if they play the 12month warranty card it's only been 3months since the repair which should have another 12months.

Get on the phone to Ford customer services and log it, they should help with your dealer or go to another one.

On phone now to Customer Relations, they insist I take car to M53 Ford Birkenhead. I refuse due to there attitude, will ask if I can take to M53 Ellesmere port

Fords are going to fit 2 new seals 1 on each door, also going to fix fuel filler door, as its catching on body and making it very difficult to open, and will eventually take paint of body as its catching. Any body have the tsb for

TSB/ TSI 98/2009 Regarding fill filler cover flap problem.

Ok Do not think that I have this seal on my June 2011 car just looked but only the seal that goes round the whole door?

Ok have found them as my car is a 5 door it has 1 seal on each of the front edge of the back doors front doors shut up to them

Silly me LOL (All ok and intact but my car stays in the garage at night so not out all the time in the rain.)

Got phone call yesterday asking me to take car to Merseyside Car Hospital for them to see if they can get the old glue off, they said yes but the door will need painting after as glue is so bad also they need 2 new black strips that go on door as the old ones will be damaged in getting glue off.

So I drop my car off at M53 fords on weds they take it to Merseyside car hospital, then it goes back to fords to get 2 new door seals, they say it will take 2 days, but they are giving me a courtesy car.