Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Change Bi Xenon Bulbs

willc

Hi,

I got a focus st facelift 2008 model. and one of my Bi- xenon light has gone off!! =(

A great chance to upgrade my bulbs from 4300K warm white to 8000K artic white.

however i'm struggling to pull out the d1s bulb.

I took the headlight off the car easily. but trying to pull/ turn clock or anti clock wise- the bulb will not come out from the socket,

googled around and other models from ford have a black plastic thing you need to remove. I tried to unscrew this but will not move at all.

Any ideas? anyone remove their d1s bulbs before?

Thanks

To be honest Bi-Xenon lights are not really user serviceable. They should easily outlast the life of the car, even on 15 year old BMW's with 300,000 miles on the clock they are on their factory set of bulbs. I would recommend you look at making sure the light is getting power and all is good there.

Thanks for your reply Jake.

Everything is secured, and my other lights are working except the main beam.

I suspect the lights gone, thats why i purchased another one.

Anyone have any ideas? driving around with one main light looks daft! -_-'

...my other lights are working except the main beam.

Hi mate, I've a pre-facelift so not sure if they're the same, but just checking...are you talking about your 'dipped beam' (normal headlight) or your actual 'main beam'?

I've had my bi-xenons completely stripped before as the shutter was playing up in one of them, and from memory the base of the bulb holder was held in with a little screw on each side. It just same out freely after this. It may be different on the facelift lights though...can you see any such screws? Have you any pics by any chance? I can't seem to find any of my pre-face lights to show you as comparison.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply,

Yea, i mean the normal light.

Didn't notice any screws but i will check again and take some pictures. It'l have to wait until the weekend.

Will update this once i checked it out.

Thanks

• Like 1

Not tried it myself buddy but there is a release spring going over the bulb it self, try sliding the spring off the bulb then pull/spin/wiggle a bit and see if that does any good