Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Lost Fiesta Key

danwallace44

hi all , i lost my keys about a week ago and was wondering how i go about getting a new key for my car, whether i buy the blank key fob off eBay and go to a locksmith or go to ford directly ? And how much im looking at the get it replaced. The car itself cant go anywhere because i only had the one key

hope you can help, thanks

From Ford you'd be looking £350+.

Do you have key insurance with home/car policy?

I'd give an Auto Locksmith a shout but even then you may be looking at £200+.

If it was a Tibbe key (round with angled cuts) then it's a 30 seconds job to open the car and obtain the cutting code for a new key, the Laser keys (flat bladewith recessed cuts) it's a bit more involved but still a reasonably quick job.

It was the remote tibbe key, ive seen you can get the blank keys off eBay for £25 but not sure how you would get it cut or if it would need further programming for the immobiliser ? Will also check my insurance documents tomorrow to see if im covered or not.

As it's a Tibbe key a locksmith with the right tool would get into your car in seconds and obtain your keycode at the ssme time (the tool is readily available on the web but I can't elaborate for security purposes).

As you have no ptogrammed keys at all the locksmith would have to plug into the dataport and programme the immobiliser that way.

Getting your own replacement key will save you a buttload of cash.

I would strongly recommend you get two keys done as then you have protection against bring stuffed again.

Also with two programmed keys you could add more if you wanted for just the cost of a key and getting it cut (up to a total of 8).

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

If the missing key is a remote one, with two coded keys, you can also erase the missing key's remote code from the GEM, just in case. Again, how to do so is in the handbook.

I need to purchase another key, as i only have One for my car. Is it really £350 for a key!

A locksmith would be cheaper , and cheaper still if you brought a spare key first off Fleabay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club