Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pats Module Fault

tkeenan2107

Ya think thats what ill do and just get another key cut for backup!

right guys great news fitted the new ecu in and central locking unit and switched the key fobs over and BAM it starts right up, every turn of the key the immobiliser goes off the car started up but I have been told 2 things one that the pumps and injectors will need recoding to the new ecu, but someone who works on only fords has told me that if it has started up then its the same codes because if it wasn't the same codes the immobiliser would go off but the car wouldn't start which it has so he said I was very lucky in the fact its all got the same codes! but do I get the auto electrician out just to be on the safe side?

right guys great news fitted the new ecu in and central locking unit and switched the key fobs over and BAM it starts right up, every turn of the key the immobiliser goes off the car started up but I have been told 2 things one that the pumps and injectors will need recoding to the new ecu, but someone who works on only fords has told me that if it has started up then its the same codes because if it wasn't the same codes the immobiliser would go off but the car wouldn't start which it has so he said I was very lucky in the fact its all got the same codes! but do I get the auto electrician out just to be on the safe side?

excellent mate. nah if it runs it runs.ive never heard of someone having that kinda luck tho before

Me too! But going to get the auto electrician out just to be on the safe side

So got the auto electrician out and because it fires straight up he said its a virgin ecu which means its blank so he said he doesnt need to touch it so just had to pay the call out fee

Ok so after running it for a while the EML came on so got the auto electrician out again and the following faults came up

injection meter reading

injection pressure low

injection pump

He said to put some diesel in it with some injection cleaner take it for a run if that doesnt help then its going to cost a small fortune to fix didnt think i could get anymore bad luck

Could be that the injectors need coding to the new ECU.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Could be that the injectors need coding to the new ECU.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

even if its firing up stoney?

when he first connected it up he said for it to fire up it means you have a virgin ecu which means the codes are blank so will pair up to any others, so nothing needed coding! But then i ran it to the shops and back and noticed it was hesitant and the eml came on so called him back out and he put his fault code computer on it and it came back with those

Suppose its worth a shot at reprogramming them. Do you know anyone with an F-Super cable & use formidable software thats free online. Should be done on a stone cold engine though.

Only takes 1min to programme.see if the auto-sparky will do it as a 'goodwill'😱

Cheers guys much appreciated i will give him a call in the morning and see what he thinks

Right guys manage to sort it out infact it wasnt the injector pump or sensor, but just the pipe from egr to intercooler that was split and with the added air being sucked it was sending all the sensors nuts, and driving like a dog with its nuts tied! But took it for its mot and bang FAILURE, failed on a few things so spent best part of today sorting it out so retest this week

ah good.glad you got to the bottom of it though. yeah mines failed mot 2 days ago on both fr to rear brake pipes corroded & unbelievably a tyre was fitted the wrong way round. all sound now though :lol:

Ah mines failed on rear brake pads, handbrake cable, anti roll bar dust cap, nearside brake light out, and the previous owner changed the front parking lights to blue so failed me on that too, drivers door handle not correctly opening, and my steering column, who ever had the car before me must have took the gear box and what not out and about the uj to the steering column theres a triangular piece with a piece of white plastic in it, well thats dropped out and they havent put it back in so they was about 4 in of play in the steering wheel either way before it actually turned the wheels so iv replaced that! So a productive day

quite a bit eh. your door problem could be that theres a little c-clip that,over the years, moves so needs to be set-up correctly again. (quite a pain,from what i hear).i hate doing door problems.not got the patience for em. once i did my golf door module & got so frustrated with it,broke 2 little plastic rivets,so ended-up putting it into VW as i knew it'd be done right(inc the door sealing card etc). kicked myself when i got the bill=£84,all because of impatience lol.

which part on steering column?

untitled_zpseb748891.png

Wow how did you get that picture? That would save me tonnes of searching!

Its the part between 6 and 7 its a triangular piece that slide up and down but on the inside its plastic, and its the plastic piece that was missing so iv replaced it now with another

Lol.its from Mcat the Ford parts software. Ive had it for a while now. I got Mcat,etis,&autodata on another forum. Its SO handy,even gives part no's etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club