Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Speaker Upgrade (6.5")

serbusfish

Ive decided to buy some 6.5" Speakers for my mk6 doors, but im not sure which to go for. I have narrowed my choices down to these 2:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/165ca1-16-5cm-speakers

&

http://caraudiosecurity.com/hertz-dcx170-3-dieci-series-17cm-coaxial-speakers

Any opinions on these would be really appreciated. For now they will be running off a Kenwood head unit, I dont plan to amp them unless absolutely necessary. I figured as the kenwood does 30W RMS/ 50W MAX these Speakers might be ok as their RMS is not too far off the HU's (60W / 50W respectively).

Personally i wouldnt touch focal or any brands like that, i had hertz fitted and would never change them!! I love them, you get all the range plus a hell of a lot of bass, but id recommend an amp but its up to you, you dont have to but id say its easier with the amp for the Speakers to get a lot more power and not struggle all the time if you get me ??

I would think that you're unlikely to hear much of an improvement by simply changing the drive units. Ford go to a lot of trouble to match the head units with the door drivers so unless you plan to add a decent amp, my bet is you won't hear much difference.

A few years ago I replaced all the four Speakers in my Mondeo doors. The new drivers were expensive dual cone units with tweater cones that you could angle to aim, came well reviewed and looked far nicer than the Ford fit that I removed. OK, they sounded different, but nowhere near the difference I was expecting considering the outlay. Effectively they were too good for the head unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club