Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Clutch Pedal

jakebarry93

Hi all I have a ford fiesta mk6 zetec I have seen other posts about a clutch pedal repair washer and have recently purchased but not fitted. The problem I have is intermittent mybcar can drive fine for months then I get this problem, when changed gear pushing the pedal down is fine but when releasing the pedal it feels as if it gets stuck then releases at an angle (like a bent clutch pedal )and interferes with the acceleration pedal, I have checked and there is no connection between either of these pedals. It's a mind puzzler for me and was wondering if anyone could help many thanks Jake.

I had a similar problem to what you're describing last year. The clutch only appeared to 'stick' when it was really, really cold in winter. Did it intermittently for a few weeks and then haven't had it since. Nothing showed up when the car was serviced and Ford didn't seem too concerned when I told them. It could have had nothing to do with the temperature and it would be the first I've heard of something like this happening, but you never know.

For your own reassurance it's probably best to get it checked just to make sure. Probably worth mentioning my car is a MK7.

Thanks I forgot to mention I have mine serviced yearly at ford and also when I had the car under warranty I took it back for this problem they removed my clutch and brake assembly and said I had a bent clutch pedal but that was about a year ago and the issue came back yesterday but has gone again. It is a hard one as if I take it to a garage it may not play up at all.

Many thanks jake

Yeah I see what you mean, when the problem is intermittent there's no way of knowing it will show up when they test it. So what did they do when they said you had a bent clutch pedal? Was it fixed?

Mine actually had a new clutch fitted about a year ago as the one from new supposedly had a problem from the beginning (had the car from new, factory order). This was done under warranty as I didn't play apart in it's failure. But I had this problem with the clutch sticking after the new one was fitted. Strange. Like I said, haven't had any problems since and the car is going in two weeks.

Hopefully it was just a one off and it doesn't happen again. Someone else on here may know something about this fault though. I'm a complete novice!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club