AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Mikey923

Ford 4500 Radio Replacement

4 posts in this topic

Hi, a few months ago I finished converting the old Ford 4500 radio to a more powerful Sony Xplod CD MP3 player with an AUX connection in my Ford Fusion 2004 plate as to facilitate my subwoofer.

Ford 4500 - post-45051-138393174839_thumb.jpg

post-45051-138393186807_thumb.jpg

Sony Xplod -

post-45051-138393184141_thumb.jpg

post-45051-138393185581_thumb.jpg

As you can see the old radio was a double din so I had to buy a fascia kit from eBay which included the plate, ISO adapter and also the aerial adapter.

I went very much the DIY root which included cutting and sanding to avoid forking over money for a new single din dash!

Decided to throw this up incase anybody was thinking they'd like to upgrade their sound system and I could give them steps and general help!

"All bass no race!"

Gombal likes this

Hi Mikey,

i want to replace the CD player in my Fusion 2004 Trend (its Spanish). Do you mind helping me and telling me how to take the stereo out please

Cheers

Ash

Hi Mikey,

i want to replace the CD player in my Fusion 2004 Trend (its Spanish). Do you mind helping me and telling me how to take the stereo out please

Cheers

Ash

No problem! Do you have the same model radio as the original I had in my car?