Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus After One Month Ownership

fatgeezer

I must admit I'm quite impressed with the old nail after our first month together. Got an additional key made up reasonably cheap and tarted her up with some new wheel centre caps!. The front offside mudflap fell off before I had a chance to nail it back on properly,but there wasn't one on the nearside anyway so now it matches. Next thing to fix is the blower control - it's in the glove box,complete with what looks like the switch on the back of it which won't fit back through the resulting hole.Luckily the blower is set to position 2,so I can just alter the temperature switch accordingly. I'm not sure if anything is actually broken in there,so I'll have to get my little mechanic man to have a gander before I go and order anything. Looks like the whole console with radio would have to come out to fix this.But more important I suppose is to sort the possible battery problem as explained in the 'Flickering needles' thread.

Other than that she has been very reliable (shouldn't have said that!) comfortable and economical. She's not going to break any land speed records,but that's not why I bought her.So far - so good,for £500.

• Like 1

I must admit I'm quite impressed with the old nail after our first month together. Got an additional key made up reasonably cheap and tarted her up with some new wheel centre caps!. The front offside mudflap fell off before I had a chance to nail it back on properly,but there wasn't one on the nearside anyway so now it matches. Next thing to fix is the blower control - it's in the glove box,complete with what looks like the switch on the back of it which won't fit back through the resulting hole.Luckily the blower is set to position 2,so I can just alter the temperature switch accordingly. I'm not sure if anything is actually broken in there,so I'll have to get my little mechanic man to have a gander before I go and order anything. Looks like the whole console with radio would have to come out to fix this.But more important I suppose is to sort the possible battery problem as explained in the 'Flickering needles' thread.

Other than that she has been very reliable (shouldn't have said that!) comfortable and economical. She's not going to break any land speed records,but that's not why I bought her.So far - so good,for £500.

Good to read positive feedback on here John,

Its a great feeling restoring it to working condition,

Focusownereclub.com has loads f active mk1 members, if you join n there I'm sure they could save you cash by helping you to fix the blower yourself, I'm not saying there forum is better than here, no I'm just saying they have well documented the mk1 better than this forum most likely because this forum only began in 2008 where there forum began in 2000

Here's a link: http://focusowners-social.com/home.php

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club