Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta 1.0 Start/stop 5 Door Titanium Build Omissions?

BHeart

Hi

The Fiesta 5 Door Titanium that I ordered back at the start of September was built on 7th November and as most of the members will already know, this car includes as standard, the Sony Radio CD with DAB and a 4.2" TFT Display and also includes Ford SYNC with bluetooth and hands free phone voice control.

I ran my VIN through Ford ETIS and the build date is shown a 7th November and it was built at the Niehl Plant but, after looking through the features of the car, I noticed that it shows:

LESS bluetooth

LESS Voice Activated Modules

It seems to me that the above features have been been missed off for some reason and I'm thinking, how is that possible when the car should have these features factory fitted?

There is also no mention of Ford SYNC or the LED front DRLS's?

If these items have not been factory fitted, then I will obviously been rejecting the car.

Etis is not always perfect and may have errors , Email your dealer with your findings and express that if the car turns up excluding the above you will reject the car.

At least that way you gave them ample notice and you have a record of doing so.

But it will more than lightly be an Etis fault.

• Like 1

I see the same thing on etis for my new ST2. When I first checked (before the car was built) there was no mention of DAB at all, it just had the 'less ...' things like yours. A while after it had been built more stuff appeared on there, including mention of DAB. The list below is part of mine as of now, keep an eye on yours over the next few days as it will no doubt update. I'm of the impression that the things with 'less' in front of them relate to the Ford branded equipment, ie the standard non Sony DAB version as indeed our cars do not have these!

Less bluetooth
ICE-Mid Audio Branded + DAB
Ice Feature Pack 9
Highline ICE ICP
4 Speakers Front/4 Speakers Rear
With Media Gateway Module
Less Voice Activated Modules

Regarding the headlights I have the following, again which was not there initially. I don't know what Level 2 Headlamps means, but DTRL has to be Day Time Running Lamps/Lights:

With Level 2 Headlamps
DTRL Lamp Lit In Pos 0 And Pos

Hope this helps, just keep checking etis as it will update!

Hi MartynS

Thanks for your response,

Yes I will keep a check on the ETIS website to see if those details get updated.

I've also chosen the 'active city stop' option and I don't see that mentioned in the features on the ETIS website

My car is due at the dealers around 23rd November so that the details needs to be updated soon.

Hi Preee

Thanks for your response and let's hope that you are right in saying that it may be an error on the ETIS website. :)

I've also chosen the 'active city stop' option and I don't see that mentioned in the features on the ETIS website

My car is due at the dealers around 23rd November so that the details needs to be updated soon.

Mine has 'Less Low Speed Safety System' which I reckon is the active city stop, so that's the thing to look out for. I believe mine updated 2-3 days after the build, so on that basis yours should be in the next day or two.

Hi Martyn

Yes I do already have the 'Low Speed Safety System' and I also think that this must be the 'active city stop' option.

The only item that I'm not sure about is the 'adjustable boot floor' but could it be the 'load space management system'?

I've just checked ETIS again and the 'less Bluetooth' and 'less voice activated modules' have not been changed yet. I also noticed that under 'features' it shows - "LESS SIP" , what is that and does this show on the ETIS features for your new car?

Also, what is (-) SVP?

The reason I ask is because on my present Fiesta Zetec shows "Zetec SIP", and so it had SIP and I'm wondering why the Titanium does not it?

3 Years ago when I bought my present Fiesta Mk7, all of the features including my options were already shown, as these 'standard items' should be factory fitted,

I'm not really getting why these standard features are not shown as soon as the car appears on ETIS but, if the they don't appear soon or worse, not at all and my car arrives at the dealers without them, then I will have no other option but the reject the car.

BTW, are you actually still waiting for your car to be delivered or, do you already have it?

All this talk about rejecting a car because your looking at a system that you should not be accessing.

Don't go into the ford dealer quoting what etis says or does not say, just have patience your car will be as delivered as ordered and all this fuss will of been for nothing.

Your taking the shine of the whole ordering and waiting period for your new Ford.

Hi igglepiggle

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm sure your right in saying that the car will probably be ok when it arrives.

Over the last 3 years, I've really enjoyed my present Fiesta which I will be passing on to my

eldest daughter. My new car is due at my dealers on 23rd November and I'm

really looking forward to getting it.

All this talk about rejecting a car because your looking at a system that you should not be accessing.

Don't go into the ford dealer quoting what etis says or does not say, just have patience your car will be as delivered as ordered and all this fuss will of been for nothing.

Your taking the shine of the whole ordering and waiting period for your new Ford.

Agreed. I don't think it would be a wise move to go kicking up a fuss with the dealer just because ETIS says it doesn't have a particular feature that is we all know is standard.

Wait until the car arrives, check it, and if it's fine, no problem.

If it isn't then cross that bridge if and when you come to it.

I agree that what you see on etis shouldn't cause you to start thinking about rejecting the car by any means, it's just interesting to look at to see what shows on there. The bluetooth is a great example of this - our cars will have it as it's part of the sony system, but etis still shows 'less bluetooth' (and probably always will). As you queried in your first post, it can look like something is wrong when in actual fact it isn't.

Anyway, to answer your questions:
Regarding the boot floor I have no idea, and there's nothing on etis for mine with either of the wordings you quote.
I also have 'Less SIP' and '(-) SVP', as above no idea what these are.
I'm still waiting on my car, ordered 20th August and expected to be at the dealers 'in the next few days' as of Friday just gone, so I'm hoping this week.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club