• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Memnon

Radio Turns Itself On During The Night.

5 posts in this topic

Help.

I've a 04 plate 1.6 diesel CMax with a standard radio CD player . Last week the radio turned itself on in the night at full blast , much the delight of my neighbours! Result was flat battery. This has happened a couple of times so I'm about to remove the radio altogether as a ford garage say it's not uncommon and is normally a fault with the radio which they don't repair.

Does anyone know if the radio can be repaired and has anyone had this problem as well?

Hi John ,

I personally havent heard of this one! I would say though, its probably cheaper and better in the long run to replace the radio with an aftermarket unit...

Many thanks all.

Its seems that its not that uncommon and my local ford garage has heard of this. They say its a fault with the radio which can sometimes be repaired although they don't repair them themselves. I removed the radio and will eventually put a replacement in.

Many thanks

Memnon

I am hearing more of this today than ever before... Seems old radio's dont like the cold as there are a few of these creeping out the woodworks! glad you at least have it in hand!