Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

The Parking Fail Thread

jamesm182

Yeah I thought so, but you can only prosecute when the driver returns to the car, as you have no one to prosecute or cannot apportion blame as to who was behind the wheel at the time the idiocy was performed?

We can prosecute the registered keeper.

Private companies used to only be able to do the driver at the time of the infringement but now have the ability to enforce on registered keepers.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

A lot of paperwork I expect! but helpful to know!

Now I know this kind of parking is deliberate and therefore can not be classed as a parking fail but it still boils my *****!!!!!

Outside Dobbies in Perth I think it was, last year when we were on holiday.

I realise why drivers do this ie so the chance of being hit by another inconsiderate driver/passenger door being opened and damaging their car BUT how about we all park like that and see what happens?

I really wish I was brave enough to park right up close to the drivers side and retire to a suitable distance and await the drivers return!!! :ph34r: :) :) :)

[url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Turvey_2006/media/121029_104250_zps6938bf11.jpg.html]121029_104250_zps6938bf11.jpg[/

URL]

EDIT: Our *cough* Sedona parked correctly to the right of the picture ;)

haha, I have parked like that on a few occasions, brushing up against there car and sitting in the driver seat waiting for them to come back. Then just as he headed over, I jumped over to the passenger seat and got out the car. He started shouting blue murder and demanding I move my car as he couldn't possibly get into his. I told him that I park like that to stop knobs from damaging my car when they swing the door open. It was an interesting site watching this middle aged fella try to climb over the passenger seat and into the driver seat. Having my phone out with the camera running, he didnt dare hit my car, just drove off.

unfortunately I would love to share the footage, but my card died a few years ago and I cant recover it, so if anyone knows how to fix a damaged SD card, I might be able to recover it!

• 3 weeks later...

Parked up in my local Tesco Superstore fo a spot of christmas shopping and i park next to this!

post-40686-0-11622800-1387810697_thumb.j

Belive it or not that is in fact a walkway so you can get your trolley to your car safely!

Then when im done shopping I come back to THIS!

post-40686-0-57955200-1387810864_thumb.j

Same spot different car!

Sounds like its pratt parking only there!

Going through my Photobucket pics the other day and came across this one. It was scanned from the front page of our local rag a couple of years back. In no way do I think that any members of the constabulary who frequent these forums would behave in such a manner ;)

File0011.jpg

In fairness, 90% of my parking. I've given up on bothering parking now. If it is really going to annoy someone else then fair enough but otherwise, oh well :P

Especially good with my 500m away from the curb parallel parking.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first bought The Van, I took a whole load of photos to show my folks. For some odd reason, I took a pic out of the window above where I'd parked it that day and...

Posted Image

I swear I didn't park it in the hedge, it just looks like I did!! It's just the angle!

:D

• Like 1

Haha it definitely looks like it's in the hedge!!

• Like 1

Jeez!! Could that pic BE any bigger??

(Sorry, posted that from the iPhone and didn't realise it was HUGE!!)

:D :D :D

• Like 1

@B13 - does that say "Lionhead Studios"? Know someone who used to work there!

Passed by Guildford Town Center some time ago, and saw this: (only just remember this thread existed lol)

IMAG2679.jpg

• Like 1

Corsa... surprised much?

• Like 2

@B13 - does that say "Lionhead Studios"?  Know someone who used to work there!

Yes, it does! (Blimey, you've got keen eyes!!)

I do a reasonable amount of freelance work for them via one of my clients. Lovely bunch of people, are Lionhead.

:)

Mate sent me this from his office in Bristol:

post-40686-0-44572800-1388750283_thumb.j

He said a traffic Warden had just put a ticket on the windscreen :D

Mate sent me this from his office in Bristol:

attachicon.gifgt.JPG

He said a traffic Warden had just put a ticket on the windscreen :D

But isn't it OK to park for free on the pavement!? :P

I thought the yellow lines and the white zig zags meant "dont part on me, but next to me is ok?" :p