Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Gear Judder

eliaskok

Has anyone ever experienced gearbox judder in 1st gear? i have a friend that has a ford focus 2010 1.6 zetec model and it sometimes judder in 1st gear when he is trying to take off but not all the time, it might judder not being the correct word but just to give you a better explanation when he is trying to take off you can feel the biting point much more than any other car it has only 15000 miles. any suggestions?

Could be a worn gearbox mount. Does the judder not occur at any other time?

No just when it's in 1st gear, is not exactly as a judder as i said before, is more like you are feeling the biting point much more than any other car. He took the car today to 3 different places they checked it and they told him that there is nothing to worry because that is how they made the clutch. Every clutch is different.

Hydraulic clutch with ford notorious high bite point thats how they are on the petrol

• Like 1

Hydraulic clutch with ford notorious high bite point thats how they are on the petrol

oh that's why the clutch is like that?

Takes some getting used to for some

did you have the same "problem" before?

All fords have it ive had a few mk1 focus has a high bite even after a whole new clutch kit he needs to learn to release the clutch smoothly that will eliminate the judder to see how different ford is jump into any other car as i do regularly and its like learning to drive again as there clutch feels totally different

All fords have it ive had a few mk1 focus has a high bite even after a whole new clutch kit he needs to learn to release the clutch smoothly that will eliminate the judder to see how different ford is jump into any other car as i do regularly and its like learning to drive again as there clutch feels totally different

Okay thank you very much for tip mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club