Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light removal

Reaper

Now I've had a good look through the car manual, and tried to follow the instructions.. but to no avail.

Has anyone been able to remove the front or rear lights? I've got some silvertec bulbs to replace those horrid yellow indicator bulbs, but can't even get close.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

Now I've had a good look through the car manual, and tried to follow the instructions.. but to no avail.

Has anyone been able to remove the front or rear lights? I've got some silvertec bulbs to replace those horrid yellow indicator bulbs, but can't even get close.

Thanks

hello

You have the mk7 right? Is so its well explained in the manual. You have to take the whole light out to get to the hatch at the bottom. After undoing all of the screws like it says, there is a clip under the light which is hard to pull out and if your not carfully will snap. If you do snap it its not big deal because the other screws hold it in just fine.

IMG_0320.jpg

You can see the white clip infront of the water bottle.

But the manual explains it pretty well.

Any more help let me know.

Thanks

Rear lights. Remove the 2 screws you can see with the tail gate open. You will need to remove the molding from inside the boot then stick your hand in and release the big screwed nob lol

Nipz - Thanks for that, the owners book doesn't anything about the white clip underneath.

Mark1316 - The rear lights are easier, I just didn't want to force and rip the carpet.

It just seemed to be that they were making it hard for the user to do maintenance, maybe I'll have another go this weekend.

hello

You have the mk7 right? Is so its well explained in the manual. You have to take the whole light out to get to the hatch at the bottom. After undoing all of the screws like it says, there is a clip under the light which is hard to pull out and if your not carfully will snap. If you do snap it its not big deal because the other screws hold it in just fine.

IMG_0320.jpg

You can see the white clip infront of the water bottle.

But the manual explains it pretty well.

Any more help let me know.

R.H. turn indicator works then RH front stops, tap the light housing and it will start = maybe loose bulb?, do not really want to let dealer loose on it, want to remove light unit ,manual shows 3 screws, 1 near top of bulkhead found it, 2 shown close together near front where is the 3rd one or is it now only 2 screws........cheers

The 3rd isnt really a screw its a piece of plastic which you need to get a screw driver underneath to wedge open. Give me 5 and ill take a picture and post it for you.

IMG_0412.jpg

Bottom of the picture is what im talking about buddy, just need to get a screwdriver underneath to wedge it apart. There is a plastic part within a plastic part that is holding it in.

IMG_0412.jpg

Bottom of the picture is what im talking about buddy, just need to get a screwdriver underneath to wedge it apart. There is a plastic part within a plastic part that is holding it in.

Cheers Nipz, guesss the unit then slides out when you unclip the white clip, is it a question of feeling for the clip as it is underneath?

Cheers Nipz, guesss the unit then slides out when you unclip the white clip, is it a question of feeling for the clip as it is underneath?

The white clip is a pan in the !Removed! TBH, i just my hands underneath the light and worked it side to side. I didnt know about the clip until i got the first light out! I rang ford to double check on how to get the lights out and they didnt even tell me about the clips!!!

Make sure you take the wires all out of the lights etc first, and when putting them back in make sure you have someone to hold the wires out the way etc cause its hard on your own.

Anything else let me know

The white clip is a pan in the !Removed! TBH, i just my hands underneath the light and worked it side to side. I didnt know about the clip until i got the first light out! I rang ford to double check on how to get the lights out and they didnt even tell me about the clips!!!

Make sure you take the wires all out of the lights etc first, and when putting them back in make sure you have someone to hold the wires out the way etc cause its hard on your own.

Anything else let me know

Thanks for your help, wonder whether i should let them do it now, can remember the days when you just undid the bayonet fixing on the back of the unit, so much easier.

Honestly its really simple. The white clip doesnt really have much of a purpose, just try and be careful and the worst comes to the worst you break 1 and buy another one from Ford (im sure they will do them as parts).

Honestly its really simple. The white clip doesnt really have much of a purpose, just try and be careful and the worst comes to the worst you break 1 and buy another one from Ford (im sure they will do them as parts).

On the off side light cluster managed to see the white clip using the wifes small mirror, what a place to put a clip right underneath where you cannot reach it, not going to risk braking it or the male part on the light that fits in it, only had the car 3 weeks, i will let them do it and try and find out how they release the clip, sure to need how to do it later, thanks for your assist Nipz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club