steveywonder

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I have a leak in the rear of my 2008 focus estate. I know its coming from the top, I have removed the lining and felt around under the black roof strips and it is bone dry. I have felt around behind the hinges and again bone dry. It leaks out on the side by the top of the lights but I cant trace it to where it is coming in. It is driving me nuts as it rains a lot and it is pouring in.At the moment I have stuffed old towels in all the holes and packed it tight in the hope of stopping it.

I am even thinking of using some foam expander and fill up every hole.

I have spent 3 days trying to located this and now feel like selling the car which till now I really like.

Can anyone please help, Has anyone had the same problem

Cheers

Steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 steveywonder

steveywonder

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Anyone??

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,966 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus CMAX 1.6 CVT TDCI
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hi Steve,

I suspect you may want to check the rear light clusters. Sometimes the seals come undone, and the water seeps into them, builds up and then leaks out into the boot.

#4 steveywonder

steveywonder

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

The water seems to come in from the roof. I have checked under the black strips on the roof and I have checked this by running my hand under the roof lining, it is all bone dry.

I have read that it could be coming in from the welds on the tailgate hindges I cant see any problem like any crack on the welds and when I touch around the back of the hindges it seems to be dry so again I am completly lost as to where it can be coming in.

I have checked the rear lights and seems ok but have sealed up around the silly foam gasket and around the screws but as i say it dosnt seem to be coming in there.

Has anyone else had this problem. I would like to give to Fords and ask them to sort but would dread the price. I dont mind paying though. If there is a national company that would take it on then would be great but if someone knows what it could be then I woould spend the weekend fixing it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users