Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spoiler Brake Light

Oliverb

Just a quick one ,

Does anyone know if the ford focus C Max spoiler brake light fits the ford focus ZS/ST spoiler ?

A chap on eBay said he thinks it does , so I wanted to know from you guys for 100% if it does , it looks the right shape...

post-42643-138423122803_thumb.jpg

They both come up as the same Finis code - 1535269 so yes, they are the same.

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks :-)

Do you know how much brand new and if they come with the wiring kit ?

They're about £45 and as far as I can tell don't have any wiring with them.

You want to keep an eye on this item as it has the wiring with it and will look sharp-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-ST-RS-HIGH-LEVEL-BRAKE-LIGHT-CLEAR-B-N-/200986192120?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ecbb5e8f8

Do you know how much brand new and if they come with the wiring kit ?

I bought one new when I bought my ST/ZS rear spoiler because I thought the brake light that was coming with the spoiler was going to be red, and the era of the mk2.5 has a clear lens.

Thankfully the spoiler came with. Clear unit and I later sold on the purchased one.

Getting to the point though,

The light unit doesn't come with the loom when purchased.

The loom comes with the spoiler along with light unit and washer jet extension pipe with male-male connector

Agreed, from a Dealers parts counter the bits are seperate.

The one I linked to is very rare as it has the loom and wash pipe extension included.

Got to be £70 + if bought from Ford (tbh even more as it's a clear lens).

Agreed, from a Dealers parts counter the bits are seperate.

The one I linked to is very rare as it has the loom and wash pipe extension included.

Got to be £70 + if bought from Ford (tbh even more as it's a clear lens).

+1

The only way to replicate that offer would be to purchase a spoiler from ford,

That's the only way those parts can be gotten all together.

Good find

Cheers guys , I will be keeping a close eye on this then....

Ha, already been keeping a close eye on this one myself since yesterday, mainly for the loom as I have a DIY job in mine with some twin core cable and a couple of spade connectors!

• Like 1

Ha, already been keeping a close eye on this one myself since yesterday, mainly for the loom as I have a DIY job in mine with some twin core cable and a couple of spade connectors!

ah we are going to be bidding against each other then... Sooo.. Ermm... What's going to be your max bid

;-) Haha

ah we are going to be bidding against each other then... Sooo.. Ermm... What's going to be your max bid

;-) Haha

Nah you're fine mate, I'll bow out of this one. No point us pushin the price up for the other. I'm sure I'll not be the only one who was watching it though!

I already have the clear light in my RS spoiler and my wiring works 100%. I just fixed the cables to the existing plug rather that cut anything in case I revert back. And I fitted the washer jet and extra tubing myself also with a bit of advice from Sal and it's all spot on. So I've no real need for it, more of a want, and was just interested as I would have been able to tidy up the wiring OEM-style and thought I might have got a bargain if it stayed under the radar!

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

Very courteous of you there Gary ;) I think if Ollie gets it for a bargain basement price, I think it deserves beer tokens, or payment in kind :p

• Like 1

Haha, very courteous of yourself there James to offer payment in kind on Ollie's behalf!

Nah seriously though, he needs it where I would just like it, so I just hope he gets it at a good price. I'm the personification of bargain hunting anyway, as I'm such a cheapskate I'll only pick things up if I think they're a steal. If we went against each other then one of us will be disappointed to not get it, and the other disappointed to have had the price pushed up in a bidding war...lose lose!

As I said, just hope he gets a bargain now! ;)

• Like 1

Haha, very courteous of yourself there James to offer payment in kind on Ollie's behalf!

Nah seriously though, he needs it where I would just like it, so I just hope he gets it at a good price. I'm the personification of bargain hunting anyway, as I'm such a cheapskate I'll only pick things up if I think they're a steal. If we went against each other then one of us will be disappointed to not get it, and the other disappointed to have had the price pushed up in a bidding war...lose lose!

As I said, just hope he gets a bargain now! ;)

Thanks I appreciate that.. Well I am adamant on getting this one as it's the whole kit!

Soo I also hope I get a bargain.. :-)

hehe, payment in kind is limited, lets say I am generally useless ;) :p

• Like 1

It's currently at £28 inc postage, how much would you say it's worth guys ?

From Ford with wiring adaptor and washer extension is about £70ish.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

From Ford with wiring adaptor and washer extension is about £70ish.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Thank you

Might be an idea to keep an eye out for a spoiler complete with brake light and washer etc...this one was up the other day for £65 with complete wiring loom, ye could go for something like that and sell the bare spoiler on to get a good chunk of your change back if you miss out on the brake light. It didn't hang about long and was gone by the time I had a chance to get on here and try post the link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-Boot-Spoiler-/261330762388?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=xSXE8zt%252FbYhhBOSvH2DooHltmlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Or maybe a full tailgate...only £80 for this and that's complete with spoiler, privacy glass rear screen (no good to you as pre-facelift), wiper arm and motor, boot handle, number plate lights etc. You could even make money on that after removing the brake light!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251361994492?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update :D

the bloke selling the RS brake light with all the wiring and washer jet got let down (apparently) and offered it to me so i said yes :)

No longer selling my orange spoiler going to get it re sprayed...

Should look good and go really well when i fly eye my tail lights ..

EXCITED!!!

• Like 1

SOOOO the brake light still hasn't arrived !!

24hrs delivery ?? Really ?? its been a week...

really annoyed, considering my spoiler is coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!!